Update on Differential whine
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Update on Differential whine in Cadillac SRX Forums; My 2006 V-8 RWD now with 36, 255 miles seems to have the "whiney rear-end" fixed. After putting a new ...
    warreneaux is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX V8 Black/Black

Smile Update on Differential whine

My 2006 V-8 RWD now with 36, 255 miles seems to have the "whiney rear-end" fixed.
    After putting a new Driveshaft, total rebuild of the Differential, replaced leaking Axle Seal (not related to the whine) the GMPP warranty folks agreed to put in a NEW Differential. The job was completed Friday around 5 p.m.
    I drove it about 45 miles yesterday at speeds up to 70 mph and did not hear a thing.
    I really do like the vehicle and am so hoping that this fixed it. seems like it did.
    I am a happy driver.
    Earl

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Whiplash_89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 SRX V8 AWD, 04 NSRT4

Re: Update on Differential whine

I was hoping it would be something simple and cheap, not something that would cost a few thousand dollars to fix. Congrats though!

Thanks. I'm sure it cost a bunch.
    Earl

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by warreneaux View Post
    My 2006 V-8 RWD now with 36, 255 miles seems to have the "whiney rear-end" fixed.
    After putting a new Driveshaft, total rebuild of the Differential, replaced leaking Axle Seal (not related to the whine) the GMPP warranty folks agreed to put in a NEW Differential. The job was completed Friday around 5 p.m.
    I drove it about 45 miles yesterday at speeds up to 70 mph and did not hear a thing.
    I really do like the vehicle and am so hoping that this fixed it. seems like it did.
    I am a happy driver.
    Earl
    Hello Earl,

I am glad to hear that your SRX seems to have the whine in the rear-end fixed! We are very glad you are enjoying driving your vehicle now. Please feel free to let us know if you have any additional issues or concerns. Thank you very much for keeping us updated!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Kauai 1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux; 2013 XTS Lux

Some advice from experience: a proper break-in is crucial!! I had the original and a replacement diff both whine after a few thousand miles in my '04 SRX. After some research, I found that a proper break-in period, with no aggressive and/or constant-speed driving, was a necessity. The third diff was quiet for many thousands of miles until traded for a new SRX. Hope your problem is now solved....good luck!

Thanks Kauai 1.
    I have put almost 200 miles on it.
    No aggressive moves, just normal driving in populated/freeway driving in Houston area.
    As mentioned, up to 70 mph and all speeds below.
    Once I hit passing gear to get a round a beemer trying to hold up the flow of traffic.
    I think he said "what was that". lol
    Earl

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.