Advice on What year to buy?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By repnatl
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Advice on What year to buy? in Cadillac SRX Forums; I previously owned a new 2006 SRX, loaded but with V6, white diamond. A few cars down the road, I ...
    Cobalt222 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX AWD V6

Advice on What year to buy?

I previously owned a new 2006 SRX, loaded but with V6, white diamond. A few cars down the road, I am looking for another one, used this time since I like the first gen better. I definately want loaded and V8. Just wondering what are the differences in the years other than these that I know of:

2006: dash color change to match interiors, sat antenna moved/changed, heard the door sills were narrowed???, wheels, added electric/auto tailgate open/close?

2007: dash and door panels changed to look more updated

I am sortof interested in 2004 - 2006 based on the price point if I can find a low mile V8, any issues I should look for?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Avoid the mrc and panoramic roof. Known to be expensive issues down the road. Check for water in the Jack compartment if you do. Check to verify all recalls have been repaired. Get maintenance records if possible. Avoid the v6 for sure.
    Whiplash_89 likes this.

Whiplash_89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 SRX V8 AWD, 04 NSRT4

Re: Advice on What year to buy?

Yeah, I would personally go for newest I could find. But in your case just get what you like and fits your budget.

rlh6805 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX AWD 3.6L

Do yourself a favor and get a 2010 or newer.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Quote Originally Posted by rlh6805 View Post
    Do yourself a favor and get a 2010 or newer.

Find him one with a V8 like he wants....

Do a search for year to year changes or something like that and I think there is a few threads.

If you are going early first gen then 06 is a good bet for the power gate and narrower sills, if you go later first gen then go 08-09 for heated wheel, remote start and the 6 speed (07 as well)

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by repnatl View Post
    Avoid the mrc and panoramic roof. Known to be expensive issues down the road. Check for water in the Jack compartment if you do. Check to verify all recalls have been repaired. Get maintenance records if possible. Avoid the v6 for sure.
    You are too funny with your "avoid" items.

PJ

Lol just going by what I've read/experienced on hear

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

I agreed on the MRC but not Ultraview, I have been on this site for a long time and I don't remember seeing many posts about the Ultraview having problems other than simple not being lubed and some adjustment. Yes there have been threads but not a raging problem that they all have.

Get the ultraview and be happy, by my 09 and be really happy

Quote Originally Posted by conedoctor View Post
    I agreed on the MRC but not Ultraview, I have been on this site for a long time and I don't remember seeing many posts about the Ultraview having problems other than simple not being lubed and some adjustment. Yes there have been threads but not a raging problem that they all have.

Get the ultraview and be happy, by my 09 and be really happy
    Never had any issues with lake Cadillac? I've seen plenty on that issue.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.