Driver's side parking light and turn signal
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Driver's side parking light and turn signal in Cadillac SRX Forums; Driver's side parking light (orange) doesn't come on, and turn signal blinks twice as fast as the passenger side. replaced ...
    ojlove is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS, 2004 SRX

Driver's side parking light and turn signal

Driver's side parking light (orange) doesn't come on, and turn signal blinks twice as fast as the passenger side. replaced the bulb and still nothing. Really don't want to pay the dealership to fix such a seemingly simple problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Re: Driver's side parking light and turn signal

If you do a search on this forum you will find a lot of info on this, includind a DIY approach to front end bulb replacement without taking off the front fascia/bumper. All it takes is a torx wrench, and you go at it by removing the wheel and peeling back the inner fender well. Your problem may very well be a bad bulb socket. Common.

mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

(check the simple things first, did you check if there are any corrosion on the harness/bulb housing or any burning marks ?
    that happened to my car before, you'll just need to clean it good and make sure the bulb sits snug there.

ojlove is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS, 2004 SRX

ok, I can check that this evening after work.

----------

ok, I can check that this evening after work. its a big hassle trying to get under there with having to take the wheel off and everything else associated with just changing that one bulb.

rlh6805 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX AWD 3.6L

The socket is bad.

Linkinyeah is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac SRX ALL WD V8
    How do you find out the part number for the socket on a 2005 Cadillac srx? Also, how did you know it was the socket?

rlh6805 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX AWD 3.6L

The bulbs are dual filament. The odds of both burning out at the same time isn't likely. What happens is that the socket overheats (this is a known problem with these vehicles) and the bulb stops working completely. I just had to have my dealer replace mine.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.