oil leak on my 2004 SRX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By n7don_srx
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, oil leak on my 2004 SRX in Cadillac SRX Forums; We changed the oil on our 04 srx 3.6 awd. I put in a new oil drain plug thinking the ...
    geiss1225 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Awd 3.6 srx

oil leak on my 2004 SRX

We changed the oil on our 04 srx 3.6 awd. I put in a new oil drain plug thinking the rubber seal
    Was bad, but I am still getting drips in drive way. The car has 80,150 miles on it. Can anyone
    Please advise me where to look ? The car runs excellent, the only other issue I have had the
    exhaust pipes rattles a bit when the car starts.
    Thank you
    Jim G

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Anyway to get the truck lifted and look underneath. If you have the splash shield you will need to remove that. If your lucky its just could be a loose oil filter or pan gasket. If its the drain plug you may have over tighten the plug(forgot o-ring). I read the 3.6 uses a lot of oil? Maybe all the fill ups with oil have spilt down an accumulated on the shield and is finally dripping.

n7don_srx is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac '07 SRX-V6 RWD, '03 Envoy, '95 S10 pu

Re: oil leak on my 2004 SRX

First I hate oil leaks that make it to the ground!
    I'd think if the leak were at the drain plug it would be very noticeable.
    Are you sure it's engine oil? Being an AWD the front differential could be a leak source, especially the axle seals. An inspection from the bottom, as recommended by orandaberg would be your best bet. You may get a clue by observing the leak's location on the driveway/garage floor in relationship to where it occurs HOWEVER leaks are like a roof leak. Often it runs from one location to another before it hits the ground.
    BTW, item 712 in the graphic was discontinued and you probably don't have it. It's an oil level monitor sensor.
    geiss1225 likes this.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Re: oil leak on my 2004 SRX

You have the other oil level monitor, make sure you know how to use it

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by conedoctor View Post
    You have the other oil level monitor, make sure you know how to use it
    Now you know the updated device is much harder to operate than waiting for the warning light hahahahhaha

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.