SRX Power seat stopped working
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, SRX Power seat stopped working in Cadillac SRX Forums; The driver's power seat on my 2008 SRX stopped working. If I press up/down, forward/reverse or the lumbar switches the ...
    Richj is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

SRX Power seat stopped working

The driver's power seat on my 2008 SRX stopped working. If I press up/down, forward/reverse or the lumbar switches the seat will move about an 1/8 of an inch and stop. I think I hear a click as the seat stops moving. It sounds like the circuit breaker is tripping. If I wait 5 or 10 seconds, it will do the same thing. The passenger seat works fine.
    I checked the wiring under the seat and everything looks fine.
    What should I check next?

Rich

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: SRX Power seat stopped working

Quote Originally Posted by Richj View Post
    The driver's power seat on my 2008 SRX stopped working. If I press up/down, forward/reverse or the lumbar switches the seat will move about an 1/8 of an inch and stop. I think I hear a click as the seat stops moving. It sounds like the circuit breaker is tripping. If I wait 5 or 10 seconds, it will do the same thing. The passenger seat works fine.
    I checked the wiring under the seat and everything looks fine.
    What should I check next?

Rich
    Hello Richj,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your SRX’s power seat. I see that you are looking for advice from the community in regards to addressing the concern yourself. If you do plan on taking your vehicle to the dealership if you are unable to address the situation, please feel free to private message me and I would be more than happy to assist you in working with the dealership. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

rlh6805 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX AWD 3.6L

It very well could be a circuit breaker. Find the location in the fuse box for the drivers seat and see if it is one. If so, then it may be bad. Maybe switch it with a different one that is in the box (the passenger side?).

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Yep, a 30a breaker located in the right rear fuse panel. I would replace that first and see. If it is indeed tripping due to an overload then there may be something binding and causing too much load on the circuit.

I ran another test. I had my wife push the passenger seat switch forward while I pushed the driver seat switch. Her seat did not stop. Since there is only one fuse that feeds both seats, the fuse does not seem to be the problem.
    Could the power seat module cause symptoms like this?

I ran another test. I had my wife push the passenger seat switch forward while I pushed the driver seat switch. Her seat did not stop. Since there is only one fuse that feeds both seats, the fuse does not seem to be the problem.
    Could the power seat module cause symptoms like this?
    Good thinking. No, I don't believe that the module would cause this. So I am clear, is it only the seat motors that are not working or is it any of the seat functions too, like the lumbar?

All of the functions do the same thing. Up/down, forward/back, lumbar in/out, front of seat up/down. Push any of these switches and the seat will jog about 1/8" and then stops. Wait a few seconds, try again and it moves another 1/8".

glake89 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Problem could be in module, get a reading for DTCs, there's a bunch for seat malfunctions.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

All of the functions do the same thing. Up/down, forward/back, lumbar in/out, front of seat up/down. Push any of these switches and the seat will jog about 1/8" and then stops. Wait a few seconds, try again and it moves another 1/8".
    So pushing the lumbar moves the seat too? Ok, that may indeed be the module. You need to find someone with a Tech 2 (I have one) and do some diagnostics on whatever module controls the seat.

Quote Originally Posted by rlh6805 View Post
    So pushing the lumbar moves the seat too? Ok, that may indeed be the module. You need to find someone with a Tech 2 (I have one) and do some diagnostics on whatever module controls the seat.
    I think he meant all the functions only move a 1/8" and stop?

Each time you press any of the seat switches, the seat will move the direction you push it but only about 1/8 of an inch.

Pushing any switch only moves the seat in that path either up/down forward/back etc.

You can walk the seat in any direction but you have to wait about 5 seconds after each push and then push it again.

Is there a way to get codes on the information center like there was on my 93 Eldo or do I have to get a scanner?

----------

BTW, I tried pushing the memory seat switch and it moves the seat in 1/8 " increments to like it is trying to get the seat into the memory position.

My guess is you need DTC, probably a bad seat module

glake89 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Richj, most chain parts stores will read codes for you, NC.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.