trickle charge or not
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, trickle charge or not in Cadillac SRX Forums; Going to leave the truck for 2 weeks in the garage. I am thinking to either leave it on the ...
    orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

trickle charge or not

Going to leave the truck for 2 weeks in the garage. I am thinking to either leave it on the smart charger or unhook the battery. Also should I hook the positive to the terminal near the fuse box or on the battery. I thought I have read somewhere its better fir the battery to charge/upkeep the battery using the post at the fuse box. Suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I've seen those slow maintain chargers work for boats so you should be safe on that. Now the downside is what is something goes wrong and causes a fire while you are gone? Your prayers for getting rid of the truck would be answered lol. But I would disconnect bother terminals to be safer.

Re: trickle charge or not

If it not were the fact the 300C sits next to it, I would not care, so just as well remove terminals. Anyway when I come back,as soon as I get the switch from Rippy I will be heading south with it. Technically TODAY the only thing wrong with it is it needs new rear air suspension and air pump, still not a good sales pitch. Just consider my self lucky some of other members issues have not hit me YET. Fingers crossed for the way back. My cheeks will be tighter then a frogs ass underwater driving south. I can say this if something did happen, it would be sold to the closest junk yard or garage that wants it,any offer, use the money to pay a taxi and since I will not have any left use my own money and fly home.

I feel your pain brother lol

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

You know I understand you guys have had some bad luck but for the rest of us please remember to not paint every SRX and GM for that fact with the same brush, lots of us love our SRX and some have one for sale....

I would disconnect the battery at the post and call it a day, my race car has a motorcycle battery in it and I have yet to have to boost the car in the last 5 years. I have a battery disconnect on it and it gets switched off for the winter and come spring it starts right up, same for the winter race car, it get s the cable pulled off for the summer and come winter it starts right up. 4G63T rules!!!!

Thanks for the tip about the battery, was hoping to read from reliable sources, but I did make a note to myself in the post not to generalize SRX, just mine.
    When you think about it,my SRX has had some tender loving care to make it to today's health, I tried, gave it 100% and the dollars.now no where on here has anyone encouraged me to keep it, on the contrary I have had more advice to get rid of it, or been labelled as a SRX menace. But I no longer whistle and drive like I did when I bought it, then when I started looking under the car, after a successful trip from Holland to Spain and back to Norway, I thought I had another lucky pick. But then I joined and read all the problems on here and then mine was just one after another. Who knows maybe replacing the rear suspension and air pump will be the last thing to fix. The truck looks new, rides great,drives great,and is quick after the tune, what more can a guy ask for. Its the whistle while I drive feeling, that's what I want.

Well your battery has no reason to go dead if it is not connected and it's warm so just pull a cable and not worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by conedoctor View Post
    You know I understand you guys have had some bad luck but for the rest of us please remember to not paint every SRX and GM for that fact with the same brush, lots of us love our SRX and some have one for sale....

I would disconnect the battery at the post and call it a day, my race car has a motorcycle battery in it and I have yet to have to boost the car in the last 5 years. I have a battery disconnect on it and it gets switched off for the winter and come spring it starts right up, same for the winter race car, it get s the cable pulled off for the summer and come winter it starts right up. 4G63T rules!!!!
    I would love to see an awd 600+HP motor in the srx I'd buy that man you could be the first one to put that legendary motor in one of these. I've bowed down to several of those in my supercharged cobra they are beasts.

Mine has 285's on it, real men race through cones lol

Quote Originally Posted by conedoctor View Post
    Mine has 285's on it, real men race through cones lol
    Hell yeah. Anybody can drive a straight line lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.