Navigation Update worth it?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By stormytown
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Navigation Update worth it? in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have just purchased a 2008 SRX with the V8, Crystal Red, with all the goodies... including Navigation. My question ...
    stormytown is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX, 2006 DTS, 2002 STS

Navigation Update worth it?

I have just purchased a 2008 SRX with the V8, Crystal Red, with all the goodies... including Navigation. My question is.. on the Navigation the DVD is Version 3.0. I notice that a few newer versions have come out. It looks like it is $199 to upgrade to current. Is this worth it? Are there any other advantages other than updated maps? Also, will this just be a plug and play upgrade?

So far I LOVE this vehicle! Rides great, the Bose sounds fantastic, and the V8?... hard to beat the Northstar! Plus, it comes with a story... unable to get anyone to take me to Minneapolis, I hitch hiked from Iowa, 280 miles (15 rides!), to get to the dealership to drive her home!

Thanks in advance for advice.

Steve in Iowa
    PJ1520 and amcon like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

HER_SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX

Re: Navigation Update worth it?

You know this is a good question. Mine (in a 2007) can't find newer neighborhoods etc. I figure the code was updated before the first SRX in any given model year rolled off the line. I have a $70 Magellan GPS that works great so I am in no hurry. To be honest I will try to find a bootleg copy (sorry Cadillac) from eBay or elsewhere before I shell out $200. Just not a priority for me, but they get out of date in a hurry!

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Quote Originally Posted by HER_SRX View Post
    You know this is a good question. Mine (in a 2007) can't find newer neighborhoods etc. I figure the code was updated before the first SRX in any given model year rolled off the line. I have a $70 Magellan GPS that works great so I am in no hurry. To be honest I will try to find a bootleg copy (sorry Cadillac) from eBay or elsewhere before I shell out $200. Just not a priority for me, but they get out of date in a hurry!
    Best not to talk about piracy on an open forum, it could land the police at your door.

mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

I did update the DVD for my car, the reason is the new section if I-355 was missing from the Disc that came with the car.

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by stormytown View Post
    I have just purchased a 2008 SRX with the V8, Crystal Red, with all the goodies... including Navigation. My question is.. on the Navigation the DVD is Version 3.0. I notice that a few newer versions have come out. It looks like it is $199 to upgrade to current. Is this worth it? Are there any other advantages other than updated maps? Also, will this just be a plug and play upgrade?

So far I LOVE this vehicle! Rides great, the Bose sounds fantastic, and the V8?... hard to beat the Northstar! Plus, it comes with a story... unable to get anyone to take me to Minneapolis, I hitch hiked from Iowa, 280 miles (15 rides!), to get to the dealership to drive her home!

Thanks in advance for advice.

Steve in Iowa
    No Greyhound buses anymore stateside? Best of luck with your new purchase.

stormytown is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX, 2006 DTS, 2002 STS

Nope... No greyhounds covering my area!! I just noticed that the latest version of the DVD compatible with my SRX (v.2013) is on sale at the GM site for $159. I may just spring for it. Will this version have a clock on the display? My 3.0 version does not.

Steve

mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

by my understanding these discs only have map updates, the clock thing need to be a navigation unity software update, wich is different and can only be done by dealers, if your unit need it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.