headlights & spare tire carrier
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, headlights & spare tire carrier in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have a couple of other issues - I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. 2004 ...
    brianw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX AWD V8 - 2014 F-150 SCREW

Question headlights & spare tire carrier

I have a couple of other issues - I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

2004 SRX, AWD, V8

Both headlights are yellowed. I've reconditioned them once, but it's come back...mainly because the seals are not holding and they're getting moisture inside the lights. Can the headlights be resealed in any way? Hallogen lights (non-HID). Where is the best place to find replacements? Are there good places to look for used headlights? I tried the classifieds here with no luck.

Spare tire carrier - mine would not work properly. I had standing water in the rear compartment and that has caused the tire carrier to rust. I tried to release the spare from inside the car with no luck so I removed the three bolts from under the car and dropped the spare and carrier together. I've got the spare loose but need to figure out the best fix. Will soaking the carrier in WD-40 do the trick? If not, where can I find a replacement?

Please don't suggest the stealership for replacement parts. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: headlights & spare tire carrier

Get new/used headlights on Ebay
    You can get a new carrier for 133 dollars from gmpartsgiant or even better from rippy cadillac, he is a member here and can give you a discount if he has one. Soaking or sealing is never a solution for a SRX, it has to be replaced. Only way to save on a SRX is homework and DIY

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I got a slightly damaged passenger headlight off eBay for $250. A good condition used will set you back at least $400.

brianw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX AWD V8 - 2014 F-150 SCREW

Quote Originally Posted by orandaberg View Post
    Only way to save on a SRX is homework and DIY
    that only brings the price down to what other manufacturers charge, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by repnatl View Post
    I got a slightly damaged passenger headlight off eBay for $250. A good condition used will set you back at least $400.
    That's what I'm trying to avoid...$800 for headlights sucks.

xboxman72 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX4 V8 Sport Package

My spare tire carrier rusted solid at the bottom of Lake Cadillac on the previous owner's watch so, I had to remove it and cut the cable to get the tire out. I just cleaned up the tire up and throw it in the back anytime I feel like I may get a flat. The new SRX doesn't even include a spare so it must not be that important. I keep a tire repair kit and an air pump in the car; that should fix any issue short of a total blow-out.

The new SRX has no spare? I guess you have AAA over there, believe me you do not want to be out on the road with no spare, even if you do have a kit. Of course that depends on your driving, if its always just town and short hops, you can get home, any long trips you need your spare. 133 bucks and you can be back in shape, unless you still have water problems

DougC.. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX

If you are still getting water in the jack compartment, try pulling the trim panels from rear and pull the headliner back to reveal the disconnected drain tube. Reconnect it and add a zip tie to be sure it doesnt pop back off. Not too tight though.

You can check if your tubes are connected, by blowing air from the lift gate hole, if you have air coming out the other end it connected, only needs a blow through occasionally

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.