Wife totalled the SRX, looking for new. Opinions? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Wife totalled the SRX, looking for new. Opinions? in Cadillac SRX Forums; those are special extended warranties for certain vehicles. Go to the cadillac site and register yourself as an owner and ...
    Sheepish is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD

Re: Wife totalled the SRX, looking for new. Opinions?

those are special extended warranties for certain vehicles. Go to the cadillac site and register yourself as an owner and put in your vin, it should tell you if you have anything.

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Man mine is a better value than both of those, I need to list mine on eBay!

Sheepish is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD

caddyengine_zps457bc728.jpg

And here is the engine bay. So so nice and clean.

HER_SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX

I like the GMC Terrain. Same platform as the SRX I think. None of the engine problems, synthetic oils not required etc. Haven't driven one, though
    Attached Images

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Quote Originally Posted by HER_SRX View Post
    I like the GMC Terrain. Same platform as the SRX I think. None of the engine problems, synthetic oils not required etc. Haven't driven one, though
    They are NOT the same platform. The SRX is much beefier. I know some will argue with me but in my limited research, the brakes are different, struts are different, SRX has six lug wheels instead of five. Those were the first three parts I looked up and they were all different, so I would assume there are many more differences as well. They do require Dexos certified oil if you want to maintain warranty coverage.

HER_SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX

I stand corrected. When my chains were done I had an interesting discussion with the master tech doing the work and he said that the 3.6L V6 is used all over the world in various GM platforms including other SUVs, that most of the other set ups don't come with factory synthetic and the the chain issue was mostly with SRXs. And "beefy"? I don't think my SRX4 would hold up very well under serious off road conditions. Heck, I've never even seen one dirty, let alone full of mud.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Quote Originally Posted by HER_SRX View Post
    I stand corrected. When my chains were done I had an interesting discussion with the master tech doing the work and he said that the 3.6L V6 is used all over the world in various GM platforms including other SUVs, that most of the other set ups don't come with factory synthetic and the the chain issue was mostly with SRXs. And "beefy"? I don't think my SRX4 would hold up very well under serious off road conditions. Heck, I've never even seen one dirty, let alone full of mud.
    The platform is called Theta Premium. It uses some of the Theta (Terrain) and some of the Epsilon 2 platforms. I say beefier not in off road sense but for a more substantial feel, that is why a 2013 front wheel drive SRX weighs 4,277 pounds and a 2013 front wheel drive 3.6 Nox weighs 3,922 pounds.

The 3.6 uses Dexos1 spec oil. It is a semi synthetic from the factory. I don't know if there are any oil that is not at least semi synthetic that meets the spec.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

They have nothing to do with each other, apples and oranges.

The SRX is a RWD platform and the terrain is a FWD based platform.

Your in the first gen forum boys.

silversport is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): *2008 SRX4 V6**Gone-2000 Escalade**

...perhaps similarly sized but those are all different platforms...the GMC Terrain is the GM Theta platform (front drive based), our SRX is a Sigma platform (rear drive based) ...they may share an engine size, ours being an earlier version but not a whole lot else translates from one to the other...think more first generation CTS wagon with AWD

Bill

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Isn the terrain the one wig the ecu on top of he battery or is it behind the front passenger seat in he floorboard? All baf Ida's IMO for the fact of if the battery explodes or leaks not to mention the risk of damaging the ecu if bukoed wrong during jumping. I've seen too many ppl damage the ecu or like intelligent ppl use that stud on the Ac pressure line as the ground lol

rlh6805 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX AWD 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepish View Post
    It was a company car for about a year, with 7k miles on it, and then a little 80 year old had it. Had to get rid of it because she has MS and needed something taller to be easier to get in/out of.

I got lucky finding it. The timing was perfect, it had just been listed and I'm pretty sure it wasn't going to last long.

But, just like my last one, if there are those little grooves on the highway, the ones they put in for ice or whatever, it makes it sway a bit back and forth, like it's windy. Really weird. I'd say "alignment" if the thing didn't track perfectly and nothing shimmies at speed.
    Mine does the exact same thing. Brand new tires too. I think it's the factory alignment settings.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.