Information Learned from On-Star Activation...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Information Learned from On-Star Activation... in Cadillac SRX Forums; I had my On-Star activated yesterday...3 month free trial and learned some things about my 2008 SRX I didn't know ...
    silversport is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): *2008 SRX4 V6**Gone-2000 Escalade**

Information Learned from On-Star Activation...

I had my On-Star activated yesterday...3 month free trial and learned some things about my 2008 SRX I didn't know and the dealership didn't share...

I may have some extended warranty left over...my SRX was at one time a CPO and I may have a Premium Brands CPO Limited Warranty with some time left on it...

I may have an extended warranty on the engine (3.6 Liter V6) reference the timing chains...

Does anyone know where I could confirm that I am covered by this or any more information on this???...I did find some earlier posts on these but not much information on them other than others finding they too have this extra coverage...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-warranty.html

http://www.cadillac.com/certified-pr.../benefits.html

Bill

----------

...I should add that I bought my SRX at a Chevrolet Dealership that was little help...I am thinking or removing the license plate holders and finding a Cadillac dealership for information and warranty services if required...

Bill

----------

the nearby Cadillac dealership was not very friendly or helpful when I owned my Escalade...the next nearest Cadillac (about a 20 minute drive) is where the previous owner had his car serviced (and may be my best bet) and where it was bought as a CPO some years back... and another dealer about 30 minutes away was friendly and helpful when I was looking for a car a year ago...I just need to decide who to use...

I believe that all three should be able to get me all the information that is available for my SRX, right???

Bill

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jim_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX V8 RWD 2004
    Any GM dealer should be able to pull up your warranty or call Cadillac customer service. VIN # is all they need.

mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

Re: Information Learned from On-Star Activation...

According to Cadillac of Naperville, all GM 3.6 07+ (or 08+ cant remember for sure) have timing chain warranty (ask for TSB) in case of problems there.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by silversport View Post
    I had my On-Star activated yesterday...3 month free trial and learned some things about my 2008 SRX I didn't know and the dealership didn't share...

I may have some extended warranty left over...my SRX was at one time a CPO and I may have a Premium Brands CPO Limited Warranty with some time left on it...

I may have an extended warranty on the engine (3.6 Liter V6) reference the timing chains...

Does anyone know where I could confirm that I am covered by this or any more information on this???...I did find some earlier posts on these but not much information on them other than others finding they too have this extra coverage...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-warranty.html

http://www.cadillac.com/certified-pr.../benefits.html

Bill

----------

...I should add that I bought my SRX at a Chevrolet Dealership that was little help...I am thinking or removing the license plate holders and finding a Cadillac dealership for information and warranty services if required...

Bill

----------

the nearby Cadillac dealership was not very friendly or helpful when I owned my Escalade...the next nearest Cadillac (about a 20 minute drive) is where the previous owner had his car serviced (and may be my best bet) and where it was bought as a CPO some years back... and another dealer about 30 minutes away was friendly and helpful when I was looking for a car a year ago...I just need to decide who to use...

I believe that all three should be able to get me all the information that is available for my SRX, right???

Bill
    Hello Bill,

I am sorry you had negative experiences with previous dealers. If you private message me and include your VIN, I can help answer your warranty questions and can discuss any other concerns you have.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

thank you...that's very kind...I'm good though...

Bill

rlh6805 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX AWD 3.6L

Create an account here -> https://my.cadillac.com
    You will see all of the warranty coverage as it pertains to your vehicle.

thanks...I have it now...nothing more than what I learned from On-Star...

Bill

ukmat71 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Great idea but It's a shame that they let people with a UK right hand drive model sign up to it , everything leads back to the us market.

I know there are only a handful of Cadillacs here in the UK , and it's hard with no specific dealers , but would be nice to see some more helpful info as we don't have the on-star function here and Cadillac Europe just don't cut it for me.

Looking forward to my vacation in November so I can't find my local dealer near Clermont Fl.
    oh the joys of pulling parts across the pond

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

I can run your VIN (well any dealer can as mentioned before) and get you the build sheet of options with some more info and the warranty summary with the warranty history and warranty periods and recalls etc on it

just PM me your VIN and email address and i'll send you the PDFs
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.