Water in rear jack compartment? - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Water in rear jack compartment? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by john d lipstick on pig's, sex in the White House, drugs in the energy dept, water in ...
    louisn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 srx V-8 awd

Re: Water in rear jack compartment?

Quote Originally Posted by john d View Post
    lipstick on pig's, sex in the White House, drugs in the energy dept, water in the jack well....we're all doomed ! !
    I pretty well knew about lipstick on pig's, sex in the White House, drugs in the energy dept--BUT a hidden leak in the jack compartment is beyond the pale.
    I have my priorities.

MortnCyn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 N* Thunder Gray/Ebony AWD/NAV/MRC

As I said earlier, louisn and john d keep me vigilant re the wet jack compartment. Just checked it today since Thursday of last week it sat in and was driven thru 4+ inches or rain. Still dry! Never had any moisture in the '04 (did not let them repair the handle pull/release problem on the hatch) nor the '05.

louisn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 srx V-8 awd

I recently noticed the screws attaching the top brake light to the body next to the rubber moldings inside the hatch look like they are corroded or rusted.
    Also, I continue to find moisture underneath the rubber weatherstripping when I pull it off although the carpet remains dry!

NorthstarSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 SRX

Yes, the rug is wet in my jack compartment. Thanks for the heads up.

The dealer told me that the weather stripping needs to be replaced. I told them about the info on this page and they said that not to worry that they knew about this issue. We will see.

jsportel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

After a prolonged rain we didiscovered that the jack well was wet agian . I called Leakpro and the came out and looked into the problem and found water seepiping in from around the right rear tailight assembly. It is at the caddy dealer today to be sealed up I will post another update when I get it back and have a chance to test it out.

I had to take my SRX back to the dealer 4 times for the water in the jack area. First trip was to tell me that they had to order weather stripping. 2nd trip was to install the weather stripping. 3rd trip was to order new carpet. 4th trip was to get the carpet installed, which they did a lousey job. NOW in the beginning I told them about a seam issue that was listed on this site. They told me it was weather stripping around the hatch. I am waiting for a good rain and we will see if it is fixed. I took my jack out and cleaned the rust off myself. Good luck.

jjr8214 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX

We just bought a 2004 SRX AWD on Saturday. I looked at it in the morning at the dealer and then had to leave town. My wife calls me that afternoon and says she wants to buy it. I didn't want to buy it without doing some research first but once she is set on something she can't let it go so I told her to go ahead. Sunday night when I get home I found this forum and read about this water issue. Went straight to the garage and sure enough the carpet is soaked. We dropped the car off on Monday and the dealer said there is a recall for this particular problem that they missed. I haven't been able to find any information on a recall. I told them about the problem with the rear hatch not opening unless you pull on the middle or right hand side of the handle so hopefully they fix that. They are also doing the catalytic converter recall as well. I will update here if they actually fix the water leak problem. It's really upsetting to buy a "new to us" car and find a problem like this.

jondavid959211 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I recently bought a '04 SRX and found the same area wet as above. What I found was the air conditioning drip tube stopped up leaking water in to the jack area. Once I cleaned out the tube, the problem went away.

jjr8214 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by jondavid959211 View Post
    I recently bought a '04 SRX and found the same area wet as above. What I found was the air conditioning drip tube stopped up leaking water in to the jack area. Once I cleaned out the tube, the problem went away.
    Where is this drip tube at?

G32006SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac SRX V6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by jjr8214 View Post
    We just bought a 2004 SRX AWD on Saturday. I looked at it in the morning at the dealer and then had to leave town. My wife calls me that afternoon and says she wants to buy it. I didn't want to buy it without doing some research first but once she is set on something she can't let it go so I told her to go ahead. Sunday night when I get home I found this forum and read about this water issue. Went straight to the garage and sure enough the carpet is soaked. We dropped the car off on Monday and the dealer said there is a recall for this particular problem that they missed. I haven't been able to find any information on a recall. I told them about the problem with the rear hatch not opening unless you pull on the middle or right hand side of the handle so hopefully they fix that. They are also doing the catalytic converter recall as well. I will update here if they actually fix the water leak problem. It's really upsetting to buy a "new to us" car and find a problem like this.
    OK..I've been to the dealer twice now and it still leaks. First time they told me the sunroof drain had fallen off, the second time there was a gap in some gasket. I didn't think there was a recall for this.

jondavid959211 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The rear a/c has a evaporator core mounted in the far left rear area of the cargo area. It is mounted behind the plastic grill in this area. You have to get on your back under the left rear of the car and look above the left side muffler. Above the muffler, in the floor, you will notice 2 aluminum pipes going inside the car, these are hi and lo pressure a/c lines. In the middle of these lines is a rubber flapper looking drain, this is the a/c evaporator drip tube. If this tube clogs, the a/c condensation will overflow and drain in to the jack area. I unstopped mine and have not had this problem since.

G32006SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac SRX V6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by jondavid959211 View Post
    The rear a/c has a evaporator core mounted in the far left rear area of the cargo area. It is mounted behind the plastic grill in this area. You have to get on your back under the left rear of the car and look above the left side muffler. Above the muffler, in the floor, you will notice 2 aluminum pipes going inside the car, these are hi and lo pressure a/c lines. In the middle of these lines is a rubber flapper looking drain, this is the a/c evaporator drip tube. If this tube clogs, the a/c condensation will overflow and drain in to the jack area. I unstopped mine and have not had this problem since.
    I haven't used my rear air since August. I wish it were that simple..

Thanks for the tip on the AC drain tube.

srx05v8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by krug300 View Post
    Just when I thought that I had solved the water in the rear jack compartment, the car spent 3 days parked in torrential rain and today the jack compartment had a fair share of water in it. Water is coming from the small hole in the middle of the back panel as per DUALCAMS34 post above. This is a double panel so I can't see inside. Would a bad seal on the tail lights cause this? Any ideas greatly appreciated!!
    I live in Greece where service is not well organized. Car is 01/04 built V8 AWD with ultraview.
    Just got my 05 V8 SRX with 3rd seat - and plenty of water in the box! I can't seem to find "the small hole in the middle of the back panel". What I don't understand is that if that's where water comes in, would plugging it solve the problem?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.