Water in rear jack compartment? - Page 6
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 270
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Water in rear jack compartment? in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have the same problem. Can anyone be specific about which seam or area the water is coming in from? ...
  1. #76
    fortec is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6

    Re: Water in rear jack compartment?

    I have the same problem. Can anyone be specific about which seam or area the water is coming in from?

    Thanks.

  2. #77
    louisn's Avatar
    louisn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 srx V-8 awd
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    arkansas
    Posts
    482

    Re: Water in rear jack compartment?

    Quote Originally Posted by fortec View Post
    I have the same problem. Can anyone be specific about which seam or area the water is coming in from?

    Thanks.
    I have no clue although my car has been in for that problem 3 time-one time for 10 days. They just change gaskets and adjust and change brake lights and adjust........Dry for 6 weeks-although no moisture besides a car wash has touched my vehicle since... drought in Arkansas.

  3. #78
    am6948 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    22

    Re: Water in rear jack compartment?

    I have similar problem, but I believe I have it remedied, the ultraview drain hose was not connected, thus all of the water was directed to the interior.

    There is a drain on both sides of the hatch, test them by pouring wated on the roof and the outlets are on eithe side of the top hinge on the hatch.

  4. #79
    fortec is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6

    Re: Water in rear jack compartment?

    Yep - I have an 04 and same thing. It's not the ultraview because I don't have one and I agree - you must cut out the jack area carpet up about 4 inches. It is totally soaked. I need to know which seal they are talking about - I want to fix mine instead of taking it to the dealer. Thanks.

  5. #80
    louisn's Avatar
    louisn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 srx V-8 awd
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    arkansas
    Posts
    482

    Re: Water in rear jack compartment?

    Quote Originally Posted by fortec View Post
    Yep - I have an 04 and same thing. It's not the ultraview because I don't have one and I agree - you must cut out the jack area carpet up about 4 inches. It is totally soaked. I need to know which seal they are talking about - I want to fix mine instead of taking it to the dealer. Thanks.
    There are about 5 different answers to your questions. Some even say it's the rear windshield washer leaking which I don't believe at all. I supect no one knows! My favorite is the rear brake light. The dealer has done mine 3 times and tried 3 different cures. I've been dry for 3 month now. Just like AA.

  6. #81
    terryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Foresthill
    Posts
    109

    Re: Water in rear jack compartment?

    It's not that no one knows, it's that there are several places they can leak. There isn't just a single leak area where you can go in and demand they fix. They have to remove the rear interior, spray it and watch and then fix the right thing.

    No doubt GM has noticed the 3rd brake light seems to be the cause on many cars and they tell the dealers to check that first, but there are other areas that leak and if the light fix doesn't work they have to investigate more.

    My leak was the two body seals at the top of the opening.

    Terry

  7. #82
    louisn's Avatar
    louisn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 srx V-8 awd
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    arkansas
    Posts
    482

    Re: Water in rear jack compartment?

    Quote Originally Posted by terryk View Post
    It's not that no one knows, it's that there are several places they can leak. There isn't just a single leak area where you can go in and demand they fix. They have to remove the rear interior, spray it and watch and then fix the right thing.

    No doubt GM has noticed the 3rd brake light seems to be the cause on many cars and they tell the dealers to check that first, but there are other areas that leak and if the light fix doesn't work they have to investigate more.

    My leak was the two body seals at the top of the opening.

    Terry
    That's my point---It could be anywhere and anything and it seems they never get it right the first time. Trial and error!!

  8. #83
    terryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Foresthill
    Posts
    109

    Re: Water in rear jack compartment?



    Who is "they"? "They" fixed mine the first time and it appears others leak's too.

  9. #84
    louisn's Avatar
    louisn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 srx V-8 awd
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    arkansas
    Posts
    482

    Re: Water in rear jack compartment?

    Quote Originally Posted by terryk View Post


    Who is "they"? "They" fixed mine the first time and it appears others leak's too.
    Dealers--if GM knew why they leaked a service bulletin would be issued. My dealer told me they have not issued one. If there is a bulletin, I would appreciate someone telling me I missed it. Other dealers have even said that it was the windshield washer fluid. That doesn't sound like a comprehensive GM approach to a problem that IMHO occurs in all SRXs. Many owners just don't look like my next door neighbor. I inspected his car and it leaked also. I'm just glad it hasn't rained in Jonesbor, AR in about 3 months--since my last fix. BTW, my dealer just sold his faranchise to the Chevy dealer. Maybe they can fix it after the drought ends.

  10. #85
    doc Trock is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1

    Re: Water in rear jack compartment?

    My dealer knew exactly what to fix. He said they had done a "couple dozen," of them.

    I have a 2004 SRX. The dealer fixed the sunroof drain, and replaced the seal around the rear hatch.

    Dry as a bone, several car washes later.

  11. #86
    louisn's Avatar
    louisn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 srx V-8 awd
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    arkansas
    Posts
    482

    Re: Water in rear jack compartment?

    Quote Originally Posted by doc Trock View Post
    My dealer knew exactly what to fix. He said they had done a "couple dozen," of them.

    I have a 2004 SRX. The dealer fixed the sunroof drain, and replaced the seal around the rear hatch.

    Dry as a bone, several car washes later.
    Strange, I don't have a sunroof. That makes make my point again. It's the whole design. It can leak anywhere. Great car but badly designed rear hatch that leaks in more places than GM can even imagine.

  12. #87
    Autobahn_Burner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    121

    Re: Water in rear jack compartment?

    I would say, the solution is simple but strange. It is the tailgate because it is leaking by design: water enters around the rear handle area (below lic plate) and gathers at the bottom of tail gate. Once one opens the tailgate after rain, water is running from bottom to top of the interior trim panel of tailgate - and from there it poures rear hatch area, from where is drops directly into the jack compartment. It took me months to get it.
    Solution: remove the three rubber grommets at bottom of tailgate. Excessive water will exit the tailgate instantly.

  13. #88
    louisn's Avatar
    louisn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 srx V-8 awd
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    arkansas
    Posts
    482

    Re: Water in rear jack compartment?

    Quote Originally Posted by Autobahn_Burner View Post
    I would say, the solution is simple but strange. It is the tailgate because it is leaking by design: water enters around the rear handle area (below lic plate) and gathers at the bottom of tail gate. Once one opens the tailgate after rain, water is running from bottom to top of the interior trim panel of tailgate - and from there it pours rear hatch area, from where is drops directly into the jack compartment. It took me months to get it.
    Solution: remove the three rubber grommets at bottom of tailgate. Excessive water will exit the tailgate instantly.
    Maybe--when you open the tailgate are the grommets visible and accessible?? or are they hidden and parts have to be removed????

  14. #89
    natrotciv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    64

    Re: Water in rear jack compartment?

    i really like how this discussion has been going on for 2 years. but does anyone know exactly where the leak comes from? i know that everyones been saying that it depends on your car. but like, where has it been coming from the most? thanks

  15. #90
    louisn's Avatar
    louisn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 srx V-8 awd
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    arkansas
    Posts
    482

    Re: Water in rear jack compartment?

    Quote Originally Posted by natrotciv View Post
    i really like how this discussion has been going on for 2 years. but does anyone know exactly where the leak comes from? i know that everyones been saying that it depends on your car. but like, where has it been coming from the most? thanks
    Top brake light--side seals--top seals---moon roof---rear winshield washer--clogged drain holes--covered drain holes--misaligned hatch--misaligned latch......any others????There is no consensus fix from GM as far as I know.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting