Water in rear jack compartment? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Water in rear jack compartment? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Well, FWIW, our 05 SRX V6 has no water in the jack compartment (thank goodness) and we live where it ...
    neve1064 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Water in rear jack compartment?

Well, FWIW, our 05 SRX V6 has no water in the jack compartment (thank goodness) and we live where it rains all of the time. I can't understand how the headrests fit into that little compartment.

MortnCyn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 N* Thunder Gray/Ebony AWD/NAV/MRC

Quote Originally Posted by neve1064 View Post
    Well, FWIW, our 05 SRX V6 has no water in the jack compartment (thank goodness) and we live where it rains all of the time. I can't understand how the headrests fit into that little compartment.
    The head rests must be stored with the front of the rest facing up with the rods to the rear. Open the cover and insert the head rest posts through the slats in the storage area. Push the rods rods to the rear and then push the head rests down and into the storage tray.

mjk
    mjk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 srx v6

I think it's not water in rear jack compartment anymore - IT'S FLOODED REAR JACK COMPARTMENT. 2" OF STANDING WATER-UNBELIVABLE.
    Attached pics show the condition after it was draining for some time. Car's at the dealer today.
    Attached Images

cfishkin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Have mine for 2 years, never seen a garage in the NorthEast. Still dry.

dietermod is offline Cadillac Owners Member

MJK those photos absolutely sickened me. I love my SRX and would be devestated if that happened. Brings back bad memories of trunk leaks in my 79 Trans Am back in the day.

ramie is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I had the same problem at least an 1 in. of water . I went to a few car washes through the summer and opened the hatch about a month ago and saw a had a mini pond.The dealer said they resealed the rear qt.glass so far no H2O.I think it's a bunch of XOIT .
    Ramie

mjk
    mjk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 srx v6

Quote Originally Posted by dietermod View Post
    MJK those photos absolutely sickened me. I love my SRX and would be devestated if that happened. Brings back bad memories of trunk leaks in my 79 Trans Am back in the day.
    I hope it really was a bad liftgate seal. Got the car back yesterday with new carpet in the back compartment. I think I'll be checking it every time it gets wet.

nstar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Eldo ETC 04 SRX V8 AWD 13 XTS

If I remember right some of these vehicles that are getting water in them are the same vehicles when new were having problems with rear hatch handle sticking and also breaking when you tried to open then there was a TSB that told dealer to change striker position so handle on hatch would work without breaking or sticking ,but in moving striker hatch will not seal properly . So in doing this they created a leak when really the handle should of been made properly. So now we have leaks because problem wasn't handled properly believe my there are alot of these vehicles out there with water damage in them that should be looked at.

syrob@MSN.COM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by nstar View Post
    If I remember right some of these vehicles that are getting water in them are the same vehicles when new were having problems with rear hatch handle sticking and also breaking when you tried to open then there was a TSB that told dealer to change striker position so handle on hatch would work without breaking or sticking ,but in moving striker hatch will not seal properly . So in doing this they created a leak when really the handle should of been made properly. So now we have leaks because problem wasn't handled properly believe my there are alot of these vehicles out there with water damage in them that should be looked at.
    I am on my THIRD jack as the other two have rusted out. Way to go GM...

SYROB

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by syrob@MSN.COM View Post
    I am on my THIRD jack as the other two have rusted out. Way to go GM...

SYROB
    I'm glad you and the company you work for are perfect. Maybe you should come work for us. Then we could close this harbor for negativity down.

Quote Originally Posted by GMJim View Post
    I'm glad you and the company you work for are perfect. Maybe you should come work for us. Then we could close this harbor for negativity down.
    "GMJIM" hmm, any bias?? Not a GM FANBOY right? Just hire TOYOTA and they will get the job done...

SYROB

dietermod is offline Cadillac Owners Member

<<I am on my THIRD jack as the other two have rusted out. Way to go GM...>>>

Does your state have a Lemon Law? If they failed to fix the leak after three tries I would think you would be eligible under that.

Quote Originally Posted by dietermod View Post
    <<I am on my THIRD jack as the other two have rusted out. Way to go GM...>>>

Does your state have a Lemon Law? If they failed to fix the leak after three tries I would think you would be eligible under that.
    My dealer thought the problem was originally a spill, but no, after a new jack and carpet the space was wet again.

I had enough issues (over 18 different ones on this 2004) for THREE SRX by-backs if I wanted to do the lemon law! Unfortunately, my nature is to try to fix things, the V8 would NOT have been available as a replacement without roof at that time like mine is, and I generally like the design philosophy behind the car.

LOOK at the latest Consumer Reports on the SRX, pitiful, way below average on almost all, nearly all black. Horrible that GM squandered such potential, if only...

Three best SUV crossover awards in the press and you still cant sell enough because the word gets out that its quality/reliability is way below average for the industry.

So very sad for GM, for America…

In fact this should be a recall as the jack will become inoperable after several years of water in the space. Nice, you are stranded out with a flat and your jack is seized, THINK ABOUT IT GM…

SYROB

HvyMetl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 SRX V8

Sorry about your misfortunes, but then I wouldn't drink from the overrated Consumer Reports' Kool-Aid either. They just cater to their subscriber base, mostly Toyondasan owners.

Don't see the toyoda recall rates getting better. Steering wheels falling off, brake problems, engine problems, and shattering windshields. I have better chances playing Blackjack.

The tides are turning, so far GM stock are doing great this year.

ckrichards is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 SRX V8

Quote Originally Posted by nstar View Post
    Interesting. My rear hatch handle has always been tough to operate, but I know to use the correct side of the handle. I have lived with it, and my rear compartment has stayed dry.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.