Water in rear jack compartment? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Water in rear jack compartment? in Cadillac SRX Forums; I thought I'd check the jack area and sure enough it was wet. Only parked out side in the rain ...
    peterd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Water in rear jack compartment?

I thought I'd check the jack area and sure enough it was wet. Only parked out side in the rain for a week. Learning alot reading this forum.

mjk
    mjk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 srx v6

just got mine back. Dealer ordered a new seal and new carpet.
    Will have to take it back I guess

MortnCyn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 N* Thunder Gray/Ebony AWD/NAV/MRC

Repeating what I said in April of '05 best have the carpet/insulation replaced. You might get it dry but you may never get the mildew smell out. Our experience with a car that was flooded and the carpet just dried out was that in about a year or so the carpet simply started falling apart.

moose1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Angry Re: Water in rear jack compartment?

Had the same problem with my 05 SRX but found out it was the windshield washer fluid leaking from a disconnected hose to the back window. Jack compartment all wet and stain interior. Had to have hose reconnected by dealer

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Just checked mine - June, 2006 production date. No H2O present - and I go through a high pressure touchless carwash A LOT.

Just wondering...any correlation between not having the third row option and presence of water (I have the 3rd row).

mjk
    mjk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 srx v6

Quote Originally Posted by TSS View Post
    Just checked mine - June, 2006 production date. No H2O present - and I go through a high pressure touchless carwash A LOT.

Just wondering...any correlation between not having the third row option and presence of water (I have the 3rd row).
    I have the 04 v6 with 3rd row, and have water.

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Guess no correlation then!

da_thrilla is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V6 SRX4 - All options minus UV+; 08 DI CTS4 minus UV,Wood

just checked, after 2 years of owning the car, shouldve done it earlier, yeap i had it soaked up completely....im just worried now how the hell these swiss people are going to figure out the source of the water...is there any tsb on this or anything? im in for one f'ed up ride....screw cadillac and their quality control, staggered tires, and tcm that works only in germany, and a sunroof that creaks more than our garage door....

syrob@MSN.COM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by da_thrilla View Post
    just checked, after 2 years of owning the car, shouldve done it earlier, yeap i had it soaked up completely....im just worried now how the hell these swiss people are going to figure out the source of the water...is there any tsb on this or anything? im in for one f'ed up ride....screw cadillac and their quality control, staggered tires, and tcm that works only in germany, and a sunroof that creaks more than our garage door....
    The leak is a known issue, there should be a recall but we are talking GM....

syrob

CadillacinBlack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 SRX AWD V8 89 Seville STS

I checked mine out by lifting up the rear sill panel.
    The surface under the panel showed signs of water running down the rear
    sill towards the jack compartment from the seal area.

robhersch is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX N*V8 RWD; 1999 DeVille Concours

My 2005 SRX N*V8 RWD has been performing as advertised (and to my expectations) since 1/21/05 ~ 13k+ miles; had my radio unit replaced due to DIC reset to 0 & random CD shuffle; no ultraview noise, air or water leaks; no water in jack storage; had rear suspension recall checked (no action reqd); have reg service w/ synthetic oil chg ~ 4k mi periods vs
    one of my neighbors 2005 BMW 7 series with many problems/ recalls & another neighbor 2004 BMW 7 series total buy back due to "lemon";
    Suggest you may wish to try Audi, Bentley, BMW, MB, Lex, Maz, or ?? where auto assy workers need their jobs; hope you find a better experience.

neve1064 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I have the rear seat and I can't find the jack compartment. Or the place its supposed to be is empty meaning the car was sold to me without a jack. Where exactly is it in an 05 SRX 7-seater? I notice these openings as if to open the floor behind the last row of seats but i can't fogure it out...

dietermod is offline Cadillac Owners Member

screw cadillac and their quality control, staggered tires, and tcm that works only in germany, and a sunroof that creaks more than our garage door....
    Why do people get so worked up over the staggered tires???

MortnCyn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 N* Thunder Gray/Ebony AWD/NAV/MRC

Quote Originally Posted by neve1064 View Post
    I have the rear seat and I can't find the jack compartment. Or the place its supposed to be is empty meaning the car was sold to me without a jack. Where exactly is it in an 05 SRX 7-seater? I notice these openings as if to open the floor behind the last row of seats but i can't fogure it out...
    Put the rear seat up. Open the area where the rear head rests are stored. Remove the head rests and then the wing nut holding down the jack cover. Remove the cover and you will see the jack. This is also where you find the screw that lowers the spare.

da_thrilla is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V6 SRX4 - All options minus UV+; 08 DI CTS4 minus UV,Wood

Quote Originally Posted by dietermod View Post
    Why do people get so worked up over the staggered tires???

well you want the reason? uneven wear....result: I want same size tires all around, tell dealer, dealer says voids warranty, i tell dealer stuff it, dealer calls cadillac europe and confirms. as a result, i pay more for tires, that wear out early...would that justify getting worked up over staggered tires?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.