Water in rear jack compartment? - Page 18
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Water in rear jack compartment? in Cadillac SRX Forums; I read a lot of these threads about the leak in the rear compartment. I have a 2004 SRX but ...
    Pizza is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2004

Re: Water in rear jack compartment?

I read a lot of these threads about the leak in the rear compartment. I have a 2004 SRX but had it in a garage until the last year. It never saw snow and not much rain. Only had 20k miles on it until 2 years ago. Anyway, I just noticed I have the same problem. I see there are a lot of possibilities of where the leak can come from. One thing I didn't see here is the fact that this is covered by the dealer or not. Yes mine is way out of warranty, but is this a recall? Or do I have to just bite the bullet and pay the dealer to possible fix it? Thanks in advance for any responses.

PINOYTICO9 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 222005 Cadillac SRX

I'm with Cadillac at this very moment and what they want is this: take it to a deeealer to diagnose and make sure it is a manufacture defect(she hasn't heard anything about this!!!) tell them when is your appointment and she will call that day, and if it is...they will "see" what they can do for you...by the way obviously you have to pay for the diagnostic.

I printed possible issues, will check one by one and hopefully will fix them myself, even if it takes me a whole year, basically you are on your own.

Honda just spent close to $1,500.00 to fix my sister's 2008 pilot after I did an internet research and proved them it was "common" for those sequence of parts to brake.

----------

I'm with Cadillac at this very moment and what they want is this: take it to a deeealer to diagnose and make sure it is a manufacture defect(she hasn't heard anything about this!!!) tell them when is your appointment and she will call that day, and if it is...they will "see" what they can do for you...by the way obviously you have to pay for the diagnostic.

I printed possible issues, will check one by one and hopefully will fix them myself, even if it takes me a whole year, basically you are on your own.

Honda just spent close to $1,500.00 to fix my sister's 2008 pilot after I did an internet research and proved them it was "common" for those sequence of parts to brake.

Carrick is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Have 2009 we bought last Dec. Jack Compartment is soaken wet, you'd think after 5 years they could have fixed this problem. 162$ to have a signal light replaced. Never again would I buy a Caddy or recommend.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

CARRICK.......when you find a brand of vehicle that requires no "fixes" at nearly 5 model years old, let us know what it is. Agreed, $162 for replacing a light bulb is ludicrous.

Just thinking, no fixes after 5 years of problems., really is unacceptable.

----------

I'm hoping I have mine fixed... Had it dried out and sitting in the driveway, rained,wet again, weatherstripping seems great, water pours out of the outlets. I have pushed a flexible tube into the outlets and run it down both sides to the bumper, it tucks in nicely and is clear so hardly noticeable. Put the hose on the roof and lots of flow. I will keep you posted.

Pizza is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2004

Cadillac was no help at all. All they did is call me to get an update. When I told them I was totally dissatisfied with results they closed my case. I called the rep again and left a message and never received a return phone call. I took my SRX to another dealer and was told they had to take the whole inside of the car apart including the seats, side panels and head panel. Then they could unclog the drains in the ultraview. $700 or more later the problem should be fixed. No way am I doing that. I had a bulb replaced in one of the front parking lights. The tech had to take a lot of things apart to get to it. I was charged $79. It would have been a lot more but the manager is a friend and he could not charge me the whole amount. Needless to say I will NEVER buy another cadillac. They are telling a bold face lie when they say they never heard of leaks in the compartment before.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Pizza......the dealer you went to is the problem, they are either not qualified or are looking to make a buck at your expense. Your "friend" who is the manager is no friend. Find yourself another dealer. Fixing this leak is not rocket science. PJ

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
    Cadillac was no help at all. All they did is call me to get an update. When I told them I was totally dissatisfied with results they closed my case. I called the rep again and left a message and never received a return phone call. I took my SRX to another dealer and was told they had to take the whole inside of the car apart including the seats, side panels and head panel. Then they could unclog the drains in the ultraview. $700 or more later the problem should be fixed. No way am I doing that. I had a bulb replaced in one of the front parking lights. The tech had to take a lot of things apart to get to it. I was charged $79. It would have been a lot more but the manager is a friend and he could not charge me the whole amount. Needless to say I will NEVER buy another cadillac. They are telling a bold face lie when they say they never heard of leaks in the compartment before.
    Hello Pizza,

I apologize for the trouble you have been through with your vehicle compartment leak and that you feel Cadillac was no help for you. If you would like to further discuss your situation, I am more than happy to interact with you if you reach out to me via private message. I am sorry you feel this way based on your current situation. I look forward to hearing from you to discuss this matter.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

A few posts back I posted that I may have my leak fixed, I am please to say, NO MORE WATER in jack compartment. I plugged a plastic flexible tube onto each of the roof drains and ran it down to the bumper. perfect for me. Hope it helps someone else.

xboxman72 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX4 V8 Sport Package

Can you post a picture of this?

water in Jack ....jpgWill try to post picture. Am it looks like not smart enough. Wow, here it is. Should patent it.
    Baboon likes this.

bwilkins750 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): future srx owner

Neat idea. I cleaned my drain channels and reseated the rear hatch weather stripping and no water since (going on 2 yrs now). But if I have that problem again I will look into doing this.

I believe my leak was coming from the water running down onto the weather stripping and leaking into the jack compartment.

desmar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx4
    At bottom of gate there is the gate latch, it is surrounded by a piece of carpet, the is plastic cover & at each end ther are 2 metal hoops anchors.
    This where my water was getting into jack compartment.
    Fix it by removing that plastic cover & carpet. Glue carpet to bottom of plastic cover with water resistant glue. End light gate where latch is glued a piece of weatherstrip. Problems solved, 2 yrs & no leaks specially with northern climate.

Linkinyeah is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac SRX ALL WD V8

Does anyone know the part # for the rubber hatch seal on a 2005 SRX AWD V8? Where to get a good deal on purchasing it?

kenkaren2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 srx

where is the A/C tube located i own a2005 with a wet jack area also.thank you ken thomas

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.