Water in rear jack compartment? - Page 14
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Water in rear jack compartment? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Another possible cause: Loose hose connection of the rear washer jet....
    70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Re: Water in rear jack compartment?

Another possible cause:
    Loose hose connection of the rear washer jet.

nitelpn@yahoo.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 sxr

Re: Water in rear jack compartment? found

I have a 2004 srx i just purchase it 9/22/10 i had a small spot to come on my headliner at rear .and the jack compartment was fill with water.
    after reading some of your post. I call a company call the waterdoctor.
    today He found the leak at the gps antenna it had been hit by a automatic car wash brush.He reseal no leaks now. you call locate the waterdoctor.com you have to take the antenna off and seal around the wires coming into the headliner.

I hope this info might help someone.

buckshot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac SRX4 V8 Sport

Just bought my 2007 SRX4 V8 Sport in Jewel Red after Christmas. It had come off a 3-year lease and had been on the dealer's lot for 3+ months. I drove it twice over that time and decided it would make an excellent replacement for out aging family hauler van (2001 Windstar LTD). With only 45,000 miles (75,000 km), it appears to have been well maintained and was very clean without a mark on the body. Sure enough, there was some mild dampness down in the the jack storage bin which had transferred some rust marks into the carpet from the bottom of the jack. After completely cleaning it and fully drying the carpeting, I repainted the jack bottom to resolve the rust and reassembled things. A month later and it is still very dry. The carpeting in general was slightly damp when I took delivery as it had been shampooed some time earlier and just didn't fully dry (sitting on a dealer's lot in winter?). I thought perhaps this was the source of the storage area dampness or this may just be wishfull thinking on my part.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

I don't think you have a leak. The dampness probably from what you stated: they detailed the car including shampooing the jack well, dropped the tray back in and closed the lid. There was no where for the moisture to disperse. They may have even did a quick once over shampooing right before you took delivery. I wasn't so lucky with my 07 But the source of the leak was found quickly, faulty pinch welds (translation: holes in the welds) around the hatch.

PJ

louisn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 srx V-8 awd

I would watch it very closely. No doubt it leaked at one time. Rust. Maybe fixed at one time. Might run the service records. It took me numerous visits to service to fix mine. I think mine was fixed with new rubber seals on the hatch. But they did so many mods to fix the leak that I'm not sure.

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

It appears that the issue is more prevalent on SRX with 3rd row seats? Any comments?

Of all of the reading I have done on this forum I did not pick up on a pattern, though my SRX had the leak and has the third row seat.

PJ

ztoymaker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 SRX4

I have a 08 and I found the jack under water. Its going back to the Dealer. I have only had it now about 3 weeks

ztoymaker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 SRX4

good luck I just got a 08 about 3 weeks ago and its a lake back there

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

I am SO Lucky...

I have an 09... and it is the Cadillac from Hell.. and yet.. I still don't' have any water in the rear Jack compartment.

Watching in here.. I'm thinking about 15% of the SRX's have that issue.

captainmark is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 srx

Our 2011 has a soaked carpet, the hatch opened by by itself more than once, and they say the sunroof has a recall? Time for another one, only 8 mos. old.

Chingus is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07' SRX

I have had my CPO 07 with no 3rd row for about 2 years now. I found water in there before and thought it came from my GPS and Sirrus ant. I rerouted the wires under the seal then up to the roof and it is still wet. I have read all 14 crazy pages of this thread. I really am happy with the SRX I want to work with the dealer to resolve this issue.

I ran the hose over the top of my car and pulled the sill plate and lifted the plastic on the left side and found water drips inside that got past the rear hatch seal. A previous post mentioned that the seal was easy to pull off. Mine is easy to pull off. There is a yellowish clear adhesive applied to the seal, it doesnt seem strong enough. I also really don't believe that washer fluid is leaking into the compartment. There is no blueing..... no windexy smell.... I never use my rear wiper anyhow.

I will post an update.

scannerdan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX AWD V6

Have a 06 with the 3rd row. When I bought the car it was dry (came from a 90yr old with 30000) after dropping the rear tire to put a hitch on it was dry and a year later it was wet, the recessed hole that the cable that goes to the spare was full of water as well as the carpet was damp. I'm starting to question if the water is coming up from the seal on the cable.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Chingus,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Please let me know how it goes at the dealership, and what they say. Keep us updated.
    Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Chingus View Post
    I have had my CPO 07 with no 3rd row for about 2 years now. I found water in there before and thought it came from my GPS and Sirrus ant. I rerouted the wires under the seal then up to the roof and it is still wet. I have read all 14 crazy pages of this thread. I really am happy with the SRX I want to work with the dealer to resolve this issue.

I ran the hose over the top of my car and pulled the sill plate and lifted the plastic on the left side and found water drips inside that got past the rear hatch seal. A previous post mentioned that the seal was easy to pull off. Mine is easy to pull off. There is a yellowish clear adhesive applied to the seal, it doesnt seem strong enough. I also really don't believe that washer fluid is leaking into the compartment. There is no blueing..... no windexy smell.... I never use my rear wiper anyhow.

I will post an update.
    Cingus........the rear hatch rubber seals may be at issue, or the pinch welds under the seals may be faulty (tiny holes where the welds are around the drain trough). The latter was the source of my leak, and the dealer repair ticket said they "sealed the faulty pinch welds." I assume they used some sort of adhesive over the pinch welds because I sincerely doubt they would have started rewelding.

PJ

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.