Water in rear jack compartment? - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Water in rear jack compartment? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Would it be prudent to place a desiccant in that area? I have some metal tin ones that can be ...
    steined is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Cadillac SRX V8,AWD,Sport

Re: Water in rear jack compartment?

Would it be prudent to place a desiccant in that area? I have some metal tin ones that can be re-activated. http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...eitemid=799452

jjr8214 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX

Got the car back from the dealer today. I asked the service manager what was done to fix the water leak problem but he didn't know because they hire the work out to a guy that specializes in fixing these types of problems. They claim that they have never had a water leak problem return after this guy has fixed it. I hope that is true.

bear1906 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Will the dealer cover the repair for the Water issue if the vehicle is still under the 100K GMPP warranty?

srx05v8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My dealer replaced the weather strip and water tested the fix. I also ran it through a car wash. Seems OK. I am keeping the jack compartment open to get the moisture out completely... fingers crossed.

bear1906 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The dealer agreed to fix my leak under the 100K GMPP...They said it was a rear washer issue?didnt sound like that would be the culprit but if it works i'll take it...We will see when I get the car back this week.

louisn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 srx V-8 awd

Quote Originally Posted by bear1906 View Post
    The dealer agreed to fix my leak under the 100K GMPP...They said it was a rear washer issue?didnt sound like that would be the culprit but if it works i'll take it...We will see when I get the car back this week.
    Maybe calling it a rear washer problem was the only way he could cover under the GMPP. If it was just a leak (weatherstripping or the like), it may not be covered.

ColinB is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

I didnt read all 15 pages. Does this happen on all model years? I may buy an '06 tomorrow...

Many thanks
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by ColinB View Post
    I didnt read all 15 pages. Does this happen on all model years? I may buy an '06 tomorrow...

Many thanks
    Colin
    IMHO, they all leak--but no one would know unless you had a flat and looked for the jack or read the forum and decided to look or it started to smell.. I'm going in tomorrow for the 4th or 5th time: new weatherstripping.

cfishkin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I don't want to jinx myself, but my 2005 may be one in 100,000, but it doesn't leak.

Quote Originally Posted by louisn View Post
    IMHO, they all leak--but no one would know unless you had a flat and looked for the jack or read the forum and decided to look or it started to smell.. I'm going in tomorrow for the 4th or 5th time: new weatherstripping.
    New weathestripping installed. Don't know if I'm leak free, but it sure feels more pliable than the old ones. I think the weatherstripping had been changed once already in my numerous trips to the dealer but it sure looked worn out compared to the new one. We'll see.

The Wrench is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 SRX V6

I feel like I won the lottery; my '08 is 15 months old, and absolutely has not leaked - I check it once a month.
    Uh-ohh, better go out and knock on the Sappele Wood dash for luck!

DG

OakSRX04 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2004 & 2009 SRX V6 AWD

Mine is totally dry. Feb 2004 build date, Ultra view roof, no 3rd seat, no handle issues either. They built at least one properly. I'll go and touch the fake wood now.

Mine is still dry after the fix. It has gone through a nice car wash and several hours of rain. Looks like at least they have one fix done right A trick I used to get the moisture out - remove the plastic cover over the door sill (or is that what it's called?). You just pull up and it comes off easily (remove the two little plastic thingy under the metal rings first). It creates a huge opening to the jack area. I left it open for a few days, and the thing dried up really nice. A word of caution for those who resolve to hole drilling - beware of CO from the exhaust! Plus, the real problem is not the standing water, but the moisture trapped in the insulation. Drilling holes doesn't help much in that sense.

G32006SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac SRX V6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by srx05v8 View Post
    Mine is still dry after the fix. It has gone through a nice car wash and several hours of rain. Looks like at least they have one fix done right A trick I used to get the moisture out - remove the plastic cover over the door sill (or is that what it's called?). You just pull up and it comes off easily (remove the two little plastic thingy under the metal rings first). It creates a huge opening to the jack area. I left it open for a few days, and the thing dried up really nice. A word of caution for those who resolve to hole drilling - beware of CO from the exhaust! Plus, the real problem is not the standing water, but the moisture trapped in the insulation. Drilling holes doesn't help much in that sense.
    So what was done on yours to finally fix it? Mine has been in twice now with no luck..

The car was in a rain for 2 days and I got 1/2 inch standing water in the jack area. I wasn't there when they did the fix. The guy said they changed the broken weatherstrip. As someone pointed out earlier, there appears to be multiple causes for the leak. I think mine happens to be the weather stripping. I suggest you keep trying it until it's fixed, if it's under warranty. Mine was wet for a few days and I could tell the insulation was starting to smell...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.