What DIC displays after dead battery - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, What DIC displays after dead battery in Cadillac SRX Forums; Verdit bad battery, have to wait a few days to order a new one. Then I will do the draw ...
    orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: What DIC displays after dead battery

Verdit bad battery, have to wait a few days to order a new one. Then I will do the draw test again with a better multimeter and see why this POS is on its 3rd battery in a little over a year. Actually if you count the original one that was in the truck before the dealer changed it this would be #4

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Aren't there warranties for batteries? Also oj the bench doesn't give an accurate reading. I've done ky own tests with a scanner vs the bench. My ram with auxillary cooling fan added on the truck under full load was down to 12.2 and with just the fans and Ac was 12.6. On the bench it was 14.1. New alternator under full load on the truck 13.6. Conclusion benches don't put enough load on them. Let's hit each others srx head on so we can both get out of these lol

Quote Originally Posted by repnatl View Post
    Aren't there warranties for batteries? Also oj the bench doesn't give an accurate reading. I've done ky own tests with a scanner vs the bench. My ram with auxillary cooling fan added on the truck under full load was down to 12.2 and with just the fans and Ac was 12.6. On the bench it was 14.1. New alternator under full load on the truck 13.6. Conclusion benches don't put enough load on them. Let's hit each others srx head on so we can both get out of these lol
    I did both, I had access to it when the front end was off replacing the radiator, so may as well try it, if it did not at least pass a bench test I knew I ws good to get a new one while the front end was off, and then a test when everything was back on and it showed charging. Yes the battery is being replaced free

When I connect the anp meter in series I get a draw up to 4.11 amps. While holding it in place within a minute it draws down to about 0.38. So I have to assume connecting only wakes up whatever then goes off. So I have no draw on the car if it will not stay high.

----------

Ok I see 0.38 amps eaual 380 milli amps so its has a draw of 330 mill amps to much if 50 milli amps is the normal acceptable draw. Anyone know the acceptable draw on a Cadillac, I am sure its not the average norm.

----------

first time hooked up

After 30 sec and stays there

After removing radio fuse

So now I need to find out why my headunit is drawing 250 milli amps (actually 200 minus the 50 milli norn) at rest, any ideas while I goggle it, 175 dollars if I take it to the only car stero installer in town to check.
    Hopefully this was it and I can eat my words!

I think I solved it. The F/R camera's power supplies(2) were hooked up to constant yellow 12 volt supply. After moving both to ign on I reconnected the amp meter with radio fuse back in place did the same as before but dropped to 0.05. So hopefully that was it.

glake89 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

PP (persistence pays)
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.