radio
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, radio in Cadillac SRX Forums; My radio works but I have no sound..signal light/cd player everything works ...so what could be..my amp or fuse..if so ...
    rocQsolid is offline Cadillac Owners Member

radio

My radio works but I have no sound..signal light/cd player everything works ...so what could be..my amp or fuse..if so where is fuse...thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: radio

I read on here touching the positive and negative battery cables together can reset the modules, of course the cables must be disconnected from the battery, this was recommended for another member who had radio power but no sound. The fuse is under the hood for the radio, but if its on its cannot be a fuse. Try a search on this SRX forum, I have seen the question before.

goodman6986 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac SRX

Try the fuse labeled "AMP" It is in the rear fuse box behind the driver seat. If you are sitting in the back seat directly behind the driver seat, the box will be right behind your heels. You have to pull the carpet down to get to it. It will have Velcro so dont worry, you do not have to cut anything.

Quote Originally Posted by goodman6986 View Post
    Try the fuse labeled "AMP" It is in the rear fuse box behind the driver seat. If you are sitting in the back seat directly behind the driver seat, the box will be right behind your heels. You have to pull the carpet down to get to it. It will have Velcro so dont worry, you do not have to cut anything.
    Ok will try that, I hope thats all it is

goodman6986 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac SRX

No problem, Let me know if that worked

I check all my fuses and one mechanic said his girl friends father had that problem and it was the control module..so is it one module or a specific name...

Yes thats why I mentioned touching the negative and positive cables together( unattached from the battery!!) this is suppose to reboot modules. If I am wrong please someone correct me, I believed I spoke about this on a thread somewhere

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

If you have a module not working you will have DTCs. Get to a parts store that will read codes for you, (all 4 types, P,C,B and U)
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Ok so im going to touch the cables and see what happens...can an auto part store test or do I need to take it to the dealer.

From what I understand your auto shops can do the test for you, I think they call it autozone?

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by orandaberg View Post
    From what I understand your auto shops can do the test for you, I think they call it autozone?
    I worked at Autozone they aren't allowed to touch the cables together due to a risk. Trust me I've seen ppl blame everything like the ligh bulb we changed is the reason his transmission is bad or the new radiator he bought going bad was the reason he drove it till the head gasket blew. But Autozone can check the codes but can't delete them.

LOL I meant for him to do the DTC @ autozone not touch cables for him

So I was told it was my control module..is there more than one module..if so which one is the control module..thankss

Did you look for DTC? Any way to contact the girlfriends father? Just for grins can you hook up a spare/junk speaker to the head unit an just see if sound comes. What year?

looking in the repair manual I do not see a module that would control sound
    Radio ON, verify clear audio is heard from each audio speaker.

⇒ If audio is inoperative from all speakers, refer to Amplifier Circuit Malfunction.
    ⇒ If audio is inoperative from one or more, but not all, speakers or the audio emitted from the speakers is not clear, refer to the appropriate Speaker Circuit Malfunction.

You really need to get DTC, the manual states it. Could be the amp, positive your fuse was OK?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.