Cadillac Owners Forum banner

let down

3K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  08SRX 
G
#1 ·
Disappointed to say the least. Was so pleased when I purchased my first 08 SRX Cadillac with 36,000 miles 1 year ago. Since then have had to replace full front end, headlight is out, taillight is out, rear door lock is out, and now the starter is acting up. One would believe that a car with such low miles, 45,000 now, would last a little longer. Paid top dollar 25,000 because of low millage and thought it would last me 10 years. Time to give in and go back to BMW I guess.

#4 ·
Hello,

I am sorry to hear about this. I understand your disappointment with the replacements and issues you have had to deal with your SRX. If you would like to discuss your current situation and concerns, please reach out to me via private message and include your contact information and VIN.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

#5 ·
rcv8@hotmail.com almost seems like a plant from a BMW forum? He/she lists a bunch of stuff that looks more like a summary of possible issues than legitimate concerns.. full front end?? What does that mean? Front clip? Front suspension? the end of the front? The starter is acting up? Did you give it a time out? v8 or v6? You forgot to mention the terrible oil consumption you get with v6? When you bought it a year ago you paid a couple thousand over book for that amount of mileage.. a pretty good buy, not great,. but you could have checked a realistic price out on any car value website before you gave us the selling price - just the way your post seemed for me from the start.

#6 ·
I have said it before, cars break no matter who makes them and we need to come to terms with this fact.

Coming here to vent is fine but when you have to "get the last word in" and say I'm going to another brand because it never fails just looks childish IMO.

Go to a BMW forum and read pages and pages of BMW failure and BMW dealer failure, the car forums are all the same they just have different cars in them but the content is all the same.

#7 ·
Any car can have problems. I paid 26 thousand for my '08 SRX AWD V6 in march of 2011. It had <20,000 miles on it and just recently turned past 46,000. I have had zero problems with it other than after market tire pressure sensors not holding up and idiots running into the back of it twice in the last year.
My only gripe is that I miss the 400 HP engine my Trailblazer SS provided me.

#8 ·
But that is not an issue with your SRX really, nice to hear another person with zero problems like me. I am buying an X5 35D and from the reading I have done I am terrified to buy one without warranty or more than 60k miles, at least the SRX I can fix the X5 I may not be able to do it all myself. The grass is not always greener but with the BMW the grass has more torque ;)

#9 ·
To avoid all the issues regarding all makes of vehicles that are in this foru & many out there
We must change our attitudes towards maintenance schedules that they are unnecessary & money grab for dealers, manufacturers build great quality products with high tolerances, there is a reason why srx use Mobil 5w30 full synthetic, to mention one, it's to protect the high tolerance parts inside the engine & not to upset us because with have to pay twice or three times the price of conventional oil change, I bet if we investigate the srxs with timing chain issues, most of them would be that the recommended oil was not used because someone thought that GM was making them spend unnecessary money to change the oil.Just a thought.
This goes for cars, we have this mentality the manufacturers are reaping us off by charging top dollars, but some dealers are at fault too by overcharging & not being honest, therefore creating a mistrust.
We must follow recommended service schedules otherwise swill never find a solution.

D.

----------

See is not only you, this previous owner probably didn't follow service schedule for this car.
Second owner of a magnificent 2007 srx4 v6 95000 miles
All wheel bearings went @ once, strange! According to dealer.
Oil pan gasket was leaking like Niagara falls as well as rear axle seals
Transfer case case seal leaked
Both belt tensioners gave up, made grinding sound, thought was timming belt.
All air bag sensor went hay wire.
All this replace under a $2000 warranty I purchased from GM dealer; total repair cost was close to $10000. Thank god I purchased warranty. All this happend within 6 months after I purchased it used with 55000 miles.
Now it drives great, love it!

#12 ·
ok FIRST: it's 08 so you'll probably have some warranty left, check with a dealer and check with Cadillac customer rep in here,
2nd: front end ? like you hit something and you had to change the front end as in grill/headlights/bumper? if you are talking about suspension, no car will need to do so unless you where doing some major offroading or other driving conditions that this truck is clearly not designed to do so,
3rd: starter acting up? like how? are you sure it's the starter? not the battery? something else ?

G
#18 · (Edited)
Your right one should not buy a used Cadillac manufactured car/truck abroad wo full warranty from Cadillac. And it was not a lake, it was the bottom of a glacier for 3 million years, get your facts straight. If your referring to the truck it was in the bottom of the ocean 300 meters for a year not a lake.
Thanks for adding wood to the fire:) I know your worried about me so here is a link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norway

#21 ·
I don't know what these cost in Europe but in Detroit, used luxury cars depreciate quick. Especially Cadillac, Lincoln, and Audi. It seems the folks who can afford them like to buy new ones. If you can fix some things yourself, there are lots of bargains to be had. I paid $17k for my 2008 over a year ago. Not bad for a $60k car that looks brand new inside and out. There was still 20,000 miles left on the powertrain warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.