2007 SRX Dead Battery, now the radio won't work. Any thoughts?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 2007 SRX Dead Battery, now the radio won't work. Any thoughts? in Cadillac SRX Forums; 2007 SRX with 65,000 miles. I went on vacation and left the car in the garage for a month (Summer ...
    goodman6986 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac SRX

2007 SRX Dead Battery, now the radio won't work. Any thoughts?

2007 SRX with 65,000 miles.

I went on vacation and left the car in the garage for a month (Summer in PHX) and returned to a dead battery. I had the battery replaced but now there is no power to the radio. I checked the fused marked "radio" and it seems to work fine. The dealer said to disconnect the NEG terminal for 5 mins and to pull the fuse for 5 mins but both have not worked.

Please let me know if you have any other ideas before I spend a fortune at the dealership.

Side note, the parking assist also will not turn on. (But less concerned about that)

----------

Also,

I spoke with a local Audio shop (Not a dealer) and they said that it sounded like it needed to be re-flashed. But the dealer needed to do it. Does anyone know what that means?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 2007 SRX Dead Battery, now the radio won't work. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by goodman6986 View Post
    2007 SRX with 65,000 miles.

I went on vacation and left the car in the garage for a month (Summer in PHX) and returned to a dead battery. I had the battery replaced but now there is no power to the radio. I checked the fused marked "radio" and it seems to work fine. The dealer said to disconnect the NEG terminal for 5 mins and to pull the fuse for 5 mins but both have not worked.

Please let me know if you have any other ideas before I spend a fortune at the dealership.

Side note, the parking assist also will not turn on. (But less concerned about that)

----------

Also,

I spoke with a local Audio shop (Not a dealer) and they said that it sounded like it needed to be re-flashed. But the dealer needed to do it. Does anyone know what that means?
    Hello goodman6986,

I am sorry for the radio issues your vehicle is experiencing. I would like to look into this concern for you. Please reach out to us via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com with your contact information, VIN and current mileage. I look forward to hearing from you so we can explore our options for a resolution.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

The vehicle has 65,000 miles. Did you have any tips on how to fix it?

desmar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx4
    Is it standard radio, or navigation unit?

caddiguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

I have the same issue with mine. Also a 2007. My battery was only 6 months old. I could care less about having to replace the battery since it was left out in arizona heat for about a week without being started. but I would be upset if it is normal for the radio and parking assist to break due to this. If this is something that happens any time a battery dies I will probably fix the car and trade it in. I really like the car and hope this is an easy fix. Any feedback or advice is appreciated. Thanks!

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Check the BCM fuses (several). Underhood fuse block.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Quote Originally Posted by goodman6986 View Post
    The vehicle has 65,000 miles. Did you have any tips on how to fix it?
    Hi goodman6986,

I am more than happy to discuss this with you via email. I would like your VIN so I can gather additional information in addition to your contact information. I mention interacting via email due to the personal information I am requesting. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by desmar View Post
    Is it standard radio, or navigation unit?
    Standard radio

Quote Originally Posted by caddiguy View Post
    I have the same issue with mine. Also a 2007. My battery was only 6 months old. I could care less about having to replace the battery since it was left out in arizona heat for about a week without being started. but I would be upset if it is normal for the radio and parking assist to break due to this. If this is something that happens any time a battery dies I will probably fix the car and trade it in. I really like the car and hope this is an easy fix. Any feedback or advice is appreciated. Thanks!
    Hello caddiguy,

I apologize that you are experiencing this issue after your battery died as well. If you would like Laura and I to do some additional research for you as well you can also private message us your name, contact info, VIN, and mileage. You can also reach out to us at socialmedia@gm.com if are not able to private message us. Please be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so that it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

n7don_srx is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac '07 SRX-V6 RWD, '03 Envoy, '95 S10 pu

I've had this happen twice on my 07 where the radio and nav system was non-responsive after a battery change. Both times it was fixed by pulling the fuse for 10 sec or so marked Radio that's near the middle of the under hood fuse block. I didn't disconnect the battery. Sounds like you've already done that. The dealer would be able to tell you if there's any error codes related to your situation. You could decide if you wanted them to continue with the repair. Sounds like the radio has lost communications with the network it uses for control.

desmar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx4
    Follow advice from this threads, it's how I fixed mine, advice buy extra mini fuses just incase. They tend to blow unexpectedly.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

I think they tend to blow when they see too much current, get extras for sure but they should not blow for no reason, they are not a wear part.

amcon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX, AWD V6. Esclade 2005 AWD NS

to caddy customer service - doing this via pm helps no body else...

third time i have had my battery die, randomly, and one time the radio/nav wouldnt work, second two times the traction control thing light comes on... first time i drove it for 15 min, and parked overnight and it went away, this time it hasn't gone away.

what are your thoughts and solution...

thanks

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

To me, sounds like connectivity problems between modules esp. TCM and ECM. You probably have "U" codes. You might also trace down an Amp draw to find out what's draining the battery.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    to caddy customer service - doing this via pm helps no body else...

third time i have had my battery die, randomly, and one time the radio/nav wouldnt work, second two times the traction control thing light comes on... first time i drove it for 15 min, and parked overnight and it went away, this time it hasn't gone away.

what are your thoughts and solution...

thanks
    Hello amcon,

I am sorry if you feel interacting with us via private message is not beneficial to you or the forum community. The reason Gregory and I interact with customer's via private message is because we ask for personal contact information and a VIN which allows us to further research the customer's situation. Most people would not want to publicly share the information we require for further assistance. We are not certified technicians and are unable to provide any technical advice. We rely on our GM certified dealerships for their technical expertise and as our eyes and ears in the field. If you are willing to work with a dealer, please let me know so I can assist. If you send me a private message or email to socialmedia@gm.com I am more than happy to further discuss your situation and explore any options with you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.