headlights adjustments.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By orandaberg
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, headlights adjustments. in Cadillac SRX Forums; I know that ho can be adjusted for up & down aim, now I know most vehicles hl can be ...
    desmar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx4

headlights adjustments.

I know that ho can be adjusted for up & down aim, now I know most vehicles hl can be adjust up,down,right,left.
    How do the hl can be adjusted to left or right aim, I only see the one "screw" that adjust up or down hl aim.
    Any ideas?
    D.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: headlights adjustments.

Important: Horizontal headlamp adjustment does not exist.

Adjust the vertical aim of the headlamps to the specifications required by the state and the local authorities, or as shown in step number 8.
    Rotate the headlamp adjuster (1) to change the vertical aim of the headlamp.
    Repeat the aiming procedure for the passenger side headlamp while blocking the light from projecting onto the screen from the driver side headlamp.
    Close the hood.
    amcon likes this.

Thanks, reason I asked is that the hl horizontal aim is off from when I reinstalled hl after fixing gaps.
    Pass side is ok, but drivers side is to far to the right the beams goes over the pass. Side

That is extreme! Probably why the gap,poor design from GM. Do you have HID? I did not see a difference in mine, I will look again on the garage wall tonight. If you have thrown yours that far off you may need a stealer to align it again. Or a shop that has the machine to level lights or a blank wall, but I assume to pass inspection you will need them adjusted to the machine.

I know, my concern is at night , mostly I'm concern with my safety, I know other drivers see me but dr. side has a blackout area of illumination aim down to the road, & I know others see me.
    Headlights seems aligned in relation to fender, bumper, hood. Will take it all apart & reassemble..
    There are about 6 or so little hex screws that cover the acces to the hl bulbs; no hid, standard halogen; wonder if I banged the dr. side hl, try to see if the projector can be move from there before trying dealer, also thi hl has water condensation build up, car still's under warranty.

Use the warranty, if you have condensate you have a leak, let them replace the light and they will adjust accordinly, just do not tell them you messed with it

Of course, will try dealership firsts

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.