hood gaps
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, hood gaps in Cadillac SRX Forums; Does every 1st gen srx has that 3/4" gap between the dood,headlamps & grille, the hood looks ajar.most of GM ...
    desmar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx4

hood gaps

Does every 1st gen srx has that 3/4" gap between the dood,headlamps & grille, the hood looks ajar.most of GM official pics there is no gap but srxs I've seen have this gap, not all though.
    Front bumper has been removed, I fix the gap between bumper & headlamps, the the bracket that the guide pin from ho slide into was blended allowing hl to be installed incorrectly. Reduce the hood & bumper gap by 1/4" by lifting/bending up the brackets were the bumper guide screws attache to fender, still have 1/2 gap but looks better.
    There's to much wait in/on bumper at front/bottom were drls are ,which cause the plastic bumper to sag overtime, it just may be need 2 guide pins to attach into aluminum bumper.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: hood gaps

Look on my thread Gap under headlight, Are you referring to what I have circled in yellow?

That's correct, the gap you encircle yellow. My srx is a champagne beige colour, so gap is very noticeable, hood looks ajar(open).
    The gap between hl(headlamp) & bumper I fixed it, I have 1/8" gap, by pulling the guide tab forward just abit in the body where the pin from hl slides into.
    I believe that the plastic stretched were the hl washer is, there is 2 tabs holding up the rest of the bumper

----------

Once again GM (Great Mistake) disappoints by being cheap & uncaring towards consumers.
    Great mistake on our parts for falling for their tricks.
    These wagons had great potential is they would have been continued developing them, but once again they killed it for more profit & gave us a rebage Chevy equinoxes/GMC torrents as premium Cadillac srx. They didnt even change the interior in the srx, sorry,yes they did GM painted the plastic vents frames chrome. Sorry for the rant.

The gap between hl(headlamp) & bumper I fixed it, I have 1/8" gap, by pulling the guide tab forward just abit in the body where the pin from hl slides into.

I have 1/8" gap, by pulling the guide tab forward just a bit in the body where the pin from hl slides into. What number in the drawing are you refering to.

I can understand your ranting, I spent a lot to refurbish mine, this is a difficult truck to buy used and needs a lot of homework before buying one, if you get a good one its a good truck, bad one and your seriously in financial trouble, your lucky in the states and Canada with free shipping, here in Europe we have to pay shipping and taxes which can double or triple parts price. A tip for saving on taxes is to have it shipped to a repair shop instead of your home address.
    Sorry I went off topic

All is good, I'm from Canada but most good parts are from USA. So for example I cab buy all EBC brakes & rotors for the front wheels is about $500.00 us free shipping, but to get to Canada it almost triple in price plus taxes, & taxes & more taxes. The irony I live 1 hour from the USA border.
    In 1 year ownership the truck has consume close to $10000 in repairs al under warranty, I bought thus truck cause 1 owner, dealer maintained, no accidents all repair &services paperwork.

----------

Anyway, gap under hl with 1/8" gap is the best I can get it.
    Can figure out how to fix the gap from hood & bumper/grill.
    I couldn't open the pic you posted. How is the gap in yours?

Hi
    Ithe drawing shows the headlight assembly and all suronding area, I am trying to figure out which guide pin you are refering too. Anyone else not see the drawing above thread?
    I have 1/8" gap, by pulling the guide tab forward just a bit in the body where the pin from hl slides into. What number in the drawing are you refering to.

In the diagram see the 1, it points to a square part. Now from this part ther are to lines one goes towards the guide pin at back, bottom of hl; the other line points towards fender, the tab is located @ back of fender, in between the bolts that retain the bumper cover, it has that #1 part.
    There are 3 nuts for hl, #2, attaches 2 fender, #3 attaches to the cross member, #4 attaches from side of hl to bumper, #1 is the guide pin at bottom rear of hl.

See picture, I highlighted the peg that I'm talking about.

ForumRunner_20130824_104325_edit0_edit0_20130824161703606.jpg

ForumRunner_20130824_104325.png

How did you reach this? Removing the inner fender liner? Removing the light? Removing the whole fascia?

Quote Originally Posted by orandaberg View Post
    How did you reach this? Removing the inner fender liner? Removing the light? Removing the whole fascia?
    I did in steps
    1. Remove bumper cover, the whole thing, is easier to work.
    2. Remove headlights
    3. Inspected all points that hl attaches to body. There is 1 bolt from headlamp that goes into bumper, & right below is the pin that secures hl into fender/body.
    4. Bend the metal pin tab with a pair of pliers towards front of vehicle just a little & gentle, it's very soft sheet metal.
    5. reinstall hl, do not tighten screws.
    6. Reinstall bumper fascia with just the guide pins, donot tighten nuts.
    If you have othe person to assist in aligning ul & bumper fascia to see the gap.
    7. If gap still there, repeat step 4, keep doing this until you reach desire result.
    8. I recommend to replace any lights that have not been replace recently.
    9 reasemble everything, make sure all nuts & bolts are tight.
    It's a pain in the rear end but is worth the efforts.
    My pass. Side is hl is flush with bumper, had a 1/32" gap; drivers side has just over 1l8 of gap, will try on Sunday to get it same as the other side. Even the hood and bumper fascia improved it has just over 1/2".
    Oh I forgot if available there buy some replacement black retainer tabs

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.