Differential SRX 2008
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Differential SRX 2008 in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi, my rear differential is broken - 2008, SRX, V8, diff #25862518 I need the gear set - side pinion, ...
    irebroff is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Seville STS 1999

Differential SRX 2008

Hi,

my rear differential is broken - 2008, SRX, V8, diff #25862518

I need the gear set - side pinion, but I can`t find it.

Do someone know the right part numbers?

I searched about a complete diff and found that the #25862518 get superceded by #25978161

http://www.gmpartsonline.net/parts/i...&siteid=215055

Can someone tell me if this diff for $778,51 fits and is this the complete diff ready to go? Or only the housing?

Sorry, I`m in Germany and it isn`t so easy with 123 different part numbers for the "same" part to find anything....

Every CTS, SRX, STS got such a diff, but why are there so many numbers? I know about different rations - ok.

But different rations are not different numbers...confused...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Differential SRX 2008

Quote Originally Posted by irebroff View Post
    Hi,

my rear differential is broken - 2008, SRX, V8, diff #25862518

I need the gear set - side pinion, but I can`t find it.

Do someone know the right part numbers?

I searched about a complete diff and found that the #25862518 get superceded by #25978161

http://www.gmpartsonline.net/parts/i...&siteid=215055

Can someone tell me if this diff for $778,51 fits and is this the complete diff ready to go? Or only the housing?

Sorry, I`m in Germany and it isn`t so easy with 123 different part numbers for the "same" part to find anything....

Every CTS, SRX, STS got such a diff, but why are there so many numbers? I know about different rations - ok.

But different rations are not different numbers...confused...
    Hello irebroff,

I apologize you are experiencing an issue with your rear differential. I see that you are located in Germany. Have you reached out to the Cadillac Customer Care team in your region? If you haven’t, they would be able to assist you with this concern. You can reach out to them at 0046-8680 8864. I hope this information helps. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS 3.6 Premium, 1999 Corvette,370 RWHP & other mods

I would email Chris Heath at: parts@rippyautomotive.com

Chris is a Cadillac partsman at Rippy Automotive. He offers discounted prices and has been very helpful with information to forum members, even those in foreign countries he can't directly ship to.

Bill

irebroff is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Seville STS 1999

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello irebroff,

I apologize you are experiencing an issue with your rear differential. I see that you are located in Germany. Have you reached out to the Cadillac Customer Care team in your region? If you haven’t, they would be able to assist you with this concern. You can reach out to them at 0046-8680 8864. I hope this information helps. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thank you Gregory W. for your advise, but Cadillac Dealers in Germany are NOT interestet to a "Customer Care".

In Germany we`ve got NO service - buy a car, give me all your money and get out of my property is the system.

Not satisfied? Who is interested in that?

Sad, but true. Only Mercedes is a big exception. It seems, they learned in the USA about Customer Care.

And if you find a good one, he will give you a bill, that you have to sell the cow for milking machine (German old saw).

Estimate of costs at a Cadillac dealership in 60 miles distance (we have no Cadillacs here) - for Swap 1200 Euro, for new diff 2690 Euro. Parts? No - you have to buy a new one.

Sorry GM - Getrag - the worst choice to get in an American car. Getrag is so hatet in Germany....trash.

ZF is a great company with awesome products and a company own parts and assembling service, you should buy your diffs at ZF, if it has to be German. More expensive, but more reliable, more quality and more service.

You even should buy transmissions at ZF - they are really BEST in the World.

Back to topic:

If I had knew that the Driveline is from Getrag, I had never bought a newer Cadillac.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by SFVetteman View Post
    I would email Chris Heath at: parts@rippyautomotive.com

Chris is a Cadillac partsman at Rippy Automotive. He offers discounted prices and has been very helpful with information to forum members, even those in foreign countries he can't directly ship to.

Bill

Thanks a lot.

I wrote an email - let you know the answer and solution.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello irebroff,

I apologize that you have had a bad experience with our Cadillac dealerships in Germany. If you could private message me the name of the dealership so I can forward it to the correct group within my organization regarding this concern. The number I provided you was a customer care contact number and not a number to the dealership. I believe they would be able to assist you in your concern as well. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to me.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.