04 srx signal lights - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 04 srx signal lights in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hang on to that dealer!...
    glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Re: 04 srx signal lights

Hang on to that dealer!
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by glake89 View Post
    Hang on to that dealer!
    Where is that dealer at I'll tow mine there

maddoggyusa is offline Cadillac Owners Member

This is a common problem. The bulb socket goes bad and needs replaced. There is a TSB for this because initially the dealer would often replace the whole turn signal assembly... then they started replacing the socket. I had this problem, dealer replaced many bulbs under warranty but they always eventually stop working. After warranty, I checked the bulbs and they were always good... so it's an electrical issue.

What I believe happens is the bulb plastic partially melts in the socket which causes intermittant problems. You can't really clean the melted plastic in the socket, so you have to replace the socket. It's nice because the socket can be replaced without having to splice anything... just disconnect and reinstall. But you will need to remove the turn signal assembly. As other stated, it's easiest to access through the wheel well (nobody takes the bumper off).

I think these are the sockets you need, GM P/N 19120947 ( AC Delco number LS 234)... replace and install new bulbs.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o01_s00_i00

After I replaced the sockets, haven't had any issues in 3+ years. Prior to that, every month a bulb stopped working. Seems like half the SRX's I see driving around have this bulb not working.

Boley is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

The Dealer is Ray Miller Buick/GMC in Florence Alabama.Those $99.95 Mobil 1 oil changes at the Cadillac store cost $59.95 at Miller Buick,etcetera.Plus they have a Cadillac trained tech.

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boley View Post
    The Dealer is Ray Miller Buick/GMC in Florence Alabama.Those $99.95 Mobil 1 oil changes at the Cadillac store cost $59.95 at Miller Buick,etcetera.Plus they have a Cadillac trained tech.
    Mobil 1 $26 at Walmart 5 qt jug get two if you have the 3.6 you will need it and the Ac delco filter $8 at Autozone way cheaper without the wait at a dealer or shop. Oil change takes less than 10 mins in these trucks.

Boley is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by repnatl View Post
    Mobil 1 $26 at Walmart 5 qt jug get two if you have the 3.6 you will need it and the Ac delco filter $8 at Autozone way cheaper without the wait at a dealer or shop. Oil change takes less than 10 mins in these trucks.
    I choose not to shop at Walmart and our 3.6 uses less than 1 quart between the oil life monitor suggested oil change intervals.I can't do much of anything in ten minuets regarding automobile service.At my most recent oil change visit I sat in the customers lounge drinking free coffee watching an episode of "Perry Mason" on a flat screen TV and stayed about 20 minuets after the work was finished to see how Perry proved his client innocent.I buy my extra quart of Mobil 1 at Advance Auto Parts when it's on sale.One lasts ten months to a year.

ktr-sb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 SRX 3.6L 2WD

srxturnsignals.shutterfly.com. and remove the housing vent filter or it will melt the lens eventually.

xboxman72 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX4 V8 Sport Package

Are you referring to the small round lights inside the headlight housing?

westrock is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX V8

What I found was that the filament in the bulb was still fine, but that the electrical lead had melted into the base of the bulb. So the bulb was technically still good, it just wasn't making contact with the socket. My solution was to put some foil under the leads of the new bulb. I slid a strip under both leads and then used a razor blade to cut them....don't want them touching.

This spreads out the heat and contact area on the plastic. Well see if it makes a difference.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.