Doors stuck?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Doors stuck? in Cadillac SRX / XT5 Forums; So i have this problem with my SRX. When i unlock the doors, sometimes they wont open. Let me be ...
    ChurchSTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V

Doors stuck?

So i have this problem with my SRX. When i unlock the doors, sometimes they wont open. Let me be more specific.

It is almost like the door lock actuator is only firing half way. So the door opens about an inch, then stops. Today, my wife could not open any door on the car except the rear hatch. Whats the deal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ChurchSTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V
    Nothing?

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Kinda strange for all the doors to suddenly have bad actuators but could possibly be the master switch losing power during unlocking or some other electrical gremlin.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

wildirishtime is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Caddy SRX

Re: Doors stuck?

I have this same problem - all doors act as though the actuators are failing. I've opened all doors and removed one at a time from the circuit incase it was a load issue of just ONE failing - no luck, still acting like a central problem.

HAS ANYONE seen this central-locking slow/partial lock and unlock symptom?

nascarnation is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX V6 AWD

1) Is this happening both as you try to unlock the car from the outside AND as you try to exit the car (assuming you have the locks programmed to lock shifting to drive and unlock when shifting into park)?

2) Is this happening if you unlock from the outside using the key instead of the remote?

1. Yes, all ways from remote to door lock to auto unlock/lock
    2. no locks and unlocks mechanically just fine.

It acts distinctly as though there's a central voltage supply issue or relay or controller that runs them all that's failing. I can't believe all 4 door locks would act roughly the same having difficulty.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 2009 door locks? I don'tk now where to find that reliably without paying $30 here and there randomly for these Haines and Chiltons manuals and afraid they won't hve what i need.

-Brendan

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

How old is your battery?

Not the battery - car starts perfectly time and time again. It's fairly new.

I see complaints of actuator mechanisms in the Escalade and the CTS this same year period - anyone else having similar issue?

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6 (on the way out), '07 GXP, 2012 li'l red wagon 3.6 AWD

I've got some schematics on PDF and can make more. PM your email so I can send them.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 74 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6 (on the way out), '07 GXP, 2012 li'l red wagon 3.6 AWD

email sent

For those interested, I suspect a weak ground since it affects all doors, possibly the main body ground from the battery.

Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Agree, I think its something common to all the doors, so likely some electrical path is not 100% robust. Annoying but probably not expensive to fix if you can do your own labor.

Here's the zinger though - I JUST bought this car, so I don't know if this all happened at once (central electrical like the ground theory) OR if the locks are all worn out badly from being ignored since they 'kinda' work.

I really doubt they are worn out, although I don't have any experience that says so.
    With 5 doors, it's just unlikely they all are failing.
    Much more probability of a noxious electrical fault someplace.

I would like to think they aren't worn out, but the smoking gun there is another thread where a guy had to replace one with similar 'wait 5 minutes and they kinda work again' along with many examples over on the Excalade and CTS with door locks wearing out at 80-90k with similar failures.

I'll check the grounds, no signs of issues though.

ANYONE KNOW WHERE THE DOOR CONTROL MODULE is physically located? Are those referring to the lock/unlock switch device that's build into the doorskin?

Are those referring to the lock/unlock switch device that's build into the doorskin?
    Yes!

18. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.