2004 srx w/99,000 miles should I buy??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 2004 srx w/99,000 miles should I buy?? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hello everyone, I am torn about purchasing this vehicle. I absolutely love it but I am sooooo afraid with all ...
    sonnyj is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 srx

2004 srx w/99,000 miles should I buy??

Hello everyone, I am torn about purchasing this vehicle. I absolutely love it but I am sooooo afraid with all the bad reviews that I am going to be getting into a lot of problems. The car has a clear car fax. and is loaded with everything even dvd player for my son in the back. I hate to say it but if this was a foreign
    car I would not think twice about the mileage but how much use will I get out of it? I have only seen some srx's with 120-130000 miles. I have checked out all the problems that I have read that could cause issues but I am on the fence. tThey said it would include a warranty for a year what should that include.. Any help would be great btw its a v8 awd.. Thanks Sonny
    y

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Sheepish is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD

Re: 2004 srx w/99,000 miles should I buy??

Well, don't trust carfax 100%, it's only as good as the repair shops that would report any issues. See if you can take it for a weekend and drive it around pretty well. Take off the engine plastic cover and see if there is any residual oil lying around near the valve covers. Check around the back liftgate all around the edge for rust. Does it have the sunroof? Open it and close it a few times and if you hear a squeak have them lubricate the rails in the rear area of the roof. Try to accelerate on a slight hill or something and see if you hear any popping or if there is a shudder (indicating chains might be stretched).

Oh..and how much are they asking?

Hi, Yes I have opened and closed the sun roof 6-7 times yesterday,I drove it around for abou 1/2 hour and really pushed her. They are asking 10,700 I got them down from 11,900. She is beautiful with third row seating even. I have pushed ever button and checked all lights and nav system. I am not to crazy about the gas milage that i will be getting but just need it to be reliable to go to work, pick up kids ect. I drive a 2004 Saturn vue now so you can see how this car is like WOW to me..lol

dredd2099 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 srx

are you buying from a caddy dealership sir?
    if not, I'd bring it to one and have an inspection done, small price to pay really
    if from a caddy dealership then get inspected from either your own mechanic or any other inspection services

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Check for rust and water evidence in the jack compartment. Transfer case chains and make Cadillac would be my main concerns. The third row really barely has comfortable room for any size person. Buy an extended warranty do jot use mercury insurance they back out of almost all repairs.

Well thank you all for your help. I will look in the jack compartment. I live in Maryland and buying this car in Delaware. They have to get it inspected and the taxes and tags are all financed in the price. So I think that should be ok, I did call a cadillac dealer and they wanted 150$ to look at it and I needed to make an apt, They were booked out for three days. There not many in the area. I did call a cadillac dealer today and gave him the vin # and they looked it up and all recalls ect were done and up to date. Anything else I should look at before buying? My husband is a mechanic ( on the side ) and he doesn't seem to worried. He looked up part costs and not to bad. He can do the labor. I have heard they are hard to work on. Thanks Sonny

nascarnation is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX V6 AWD

It's no more difficult to work on than other brands of similar type.
    But it (like most all new vehicles) has a lot of complexity.
    It's nothing like my 67 Chevy, LOL.

I'd say a lot depends on what you plan to do. If this will be an occasional use vehicle, and perhaps accumulate 10,000 miles a year, you should get reasonable service life. If you are going to run 20,000 miles a year and expect no problems until 200,000, you likely will be disappointed.

Jim_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX V8 RWD 2004
    My 2008 V8 RWD has 180000 and no problems I couldn't handle myself. I live in Maryland and work near Capitol Cadillac in Greenbelt and they have been good as well. Mine had 100k bumper to bumper and they did my inspection for Maryland @ 99000 and fixed everything they could find under warranty.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.