Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New Aftermarket wheels

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  orandaberg 
G
#1 ·
Hello
I will be getting some new wheels, aftermarket with a offset of 35. Anyone think I will need hub centric rings?
Thanks

#11 ·
If you are using lugnuts with shoulders, and who isn't, the studs are shouldering the load whether you like it or not. The hub is there primarily to support and locate the rotor. Before there were two piece hub and rotor assemblies, hub centric wheel adapters didn't exist because there was no "hub" to get centric about. Nothing wrong with using hub centric adapters but many decades of history has shown they are not necessary.

Bill

#9 ·
remember that our SRX has it's beginnings as an Opel/Vauxhall/Holden...may be the difference in the bolt pattern...it is with my GTO made inAustralia...I have heard that many BMW's have similar if not the same pattern and offset...

Bill

G
#14 ·
Thanks for the reply. The offset I am not concerned about as it is enough to not interfere with brakes, like you said it will depend on the bore of the whole on the wheel and the hub on the disk, if the hole is bigger on the wheels I will need the rings if not then i will be OK, I did not need hub centric per say on my 300C, but the rings took the slight vibration away in the steering wheel. But since I bought the wheels as a set I got the rings for free so I will be OK. My question in the first thread was asking if anyone used aftermarket wheels with rings, this was before the company offered me the rings at no charge, I was checking to see if I needed to order a ring set

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.