New Aftermarket wheels
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, New Aftermarket wheels in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hello I will be getting some new wheels, aftermarket with a offset of 35. Anyone think I will need hub ...
    orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

New Aftermarket wheels

Hello
    I will be getting some new wheels, aftermarket with a offset of 35. Anyone think I will need hub centric rings?
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: New Aftermarket wheels

Wow no one has put aftermarket wheels on a SRX and had/or not used hub rings?

Whiplash_89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 SRX V8 AWD, 04 NSRT4

Rare bolt pattern.

Yeah, it takes a week to custom drill the bolt pattern, 5 days to shipping agent, 2 weeks via freighter to Norway, the wheels come with the rings if I need them.

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by orandaberg View Post
    Wow no one has put aftermarket wheels on a SRX and had/or not used hub rings?
    I've got 22" incubus jinx wheels on mine and no hub centric rings must be the only one hahahaha

nhramike57 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT , 2007 SRX

Put aftermarket wheels on at least a dozen GM cars and trucks over 35 years..never used or had to use a hub centric ring of any kind

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by nhramike57
    Put aftermarket wheels on at least a dozen GM cars and trucks over 35 years..never used or had to use a hub centric ring of any kind
    Pretty careless

GMs are hub centric not lug. You should always get hub rubs so the hub bears the weight not the studs....

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Mine sit flush put 35k miles on them no issues

silversport is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Escalade Gone**2008 SRX4 V6

remember that our SRX has it's beginnings as an Opel/Vauxhall/Holden...may be the difference in the bolt pattern...it is with my GTO made inAustralia...I have heard that many BMW's have similar if not the same pattern and offset...

Bill

If the wheels do need hub centric the rings will fit, if it does not the rings will not fit, I am referiing to the hub not the wheel fit, I assume

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX V6 RWD, 1999 Corvette..370 RWHP and many more mods

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    Pretty careless

GMs are hub centric not lug. You should always get hub rubs so the hub bears the weight not the studs....
    If you are using lugnuts with shoulders, and who isn't, the studs are shouldering the load whether you like it or not. The hub is there primarily to support and locate the rotor. Before there were two piece hub and rotor assemblies, hub centric wheel adapters didn't exist because there was no "hub" to get centric about. Nothing wrong with using hub centric adapters but many decades of history has shown they are not necessary.

Bill

nhramike57 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT , 2007 SRX

If you buy a brand of wheels that the manufactor recommends use of a centric ring then get them.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Quote Originally Posted by SFVetteman View Post
    If you are using lugnuts with shoulders, and who isn't, the studs are shouldering the load whether you like it or not. The hub is there primarily to support and locate the rotor. Before there were two piece hub and rotor assemblies, hub centric wheel adapters didn't exist because there was no "hub" to get centric about. Nothing wrong with using hub centric adapters but many decades of history has shown they are not necessary.

Bill
    Man I disagree with that, your info is sort of correct but its not good information or advise IMO.

And why is it that not one person answered his question or knows what he is asking?

He asked about offset and a ring, these two things have nothing to do with each other. The hub bore of the wheel is not the offset, if the hub bore is bigger than the stock bore then yes use a ring for best performance centering. Now you said 35mm offset so are you asking if you need a spacer? At 35mm it depends on the width of the wheel but not likely.

So how about you ask what you want to know

Thanks for the reply. The offset I am not concerned about as it is enough to not interfere with brakes, like you said it will depend on the bore of the whole on the wheel and the hub on the disk, if the hole is bigger on the wheels I will need the rings if not then i will be OK, I did not need hub centric per say on my 300C, but the rings took the slight vibration away in the steering wheel. But since I bought the wheels as a set I got the rings for free so I will be OK. My question in the first thread was asking if anyone used aftermarket wheels with rings, this was before the company offered me the rings at no charge, I was checking to see if I needed to order a ring set

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.