the dealers here are incompetent trading this srx in soon - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, the dealers here are incompetent trading this srx in soon in Cadillac SRX Forums; I've done the links myself to prove thiseceerent the issue. I don't have to use a gm dealer hut since ...
    repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I've done the links myself to prove thiseceerent the issue. I don't have to use a gm dealer hut since most of the parts are dealer only bit made sense vice tried 2 caddy dealers one GMC and one Chevy burned by all. So it will never go to another gm dealer unless its computer related. I might try another shop by at this point I want out of this truck. The sway bar link actually wasn't bad the but was backed out two turns I replaced anyway since I have a lifetime warranty on them from the first time they said that's the issue. When I told them the noise was still there they said bring it back. I said for what so it can sit for another month in the parking lot. Found out they only drove it into the bay. Never even did a test drive again to hear exactly what and where the noise was.

TimRSRX777 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX

Re: the dealers here are incompetent trading this srx in soon

repnatl, want to sell your SRX generously? What are you saying, that you can only take it to two particular dealers, even though you dislike the dealers? Isn't this country free so that you can go to any GM Dealer you please? If I am unsatisfied at one place, it's amazing that you can go someplace else and get satisfaction.. "burned by all".. burned may be a misnomer since it usually means not very intentions. You may want to look into why you have a persecution complex?

Hahaha Na I meant I've gone to 4 DIFFERENT gm dealers with the same lack of results. I figured in going there they would know the truck very well and were more trained than say a side shop. I was very wrong. Its not a persecution issue its the fact that they don't know what they are doing as far as this truck. Sure they probably know other gm vehicles better. And I'm also sure they don't have a lot of seasoned mechanics taking their vehicles there either. So I'm a step ahead of them I guess. I definitely won't be taking this truck to another gm dealer. At least if a side shop does the work $80 and hour is better than $110 an hour so if the warranty doesn't cover all of it I'll be less out of pocket

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX V6 RWD, 1999 Corvette..370 RWHP and many more mods

Re: the dealers here are incompetent trading this srx in soon

I find it inconceivable that any business let alone 4 could operate in this manner and stay in business. However, I don't believe you are making this all up so there must be a reason why they let your car sit there without fixing what sounds like an obvious problem. The only reason I can come up with is they don't want to deal with your warranty company or perhaps any warranty company outside of GM or maybe they don't want to deal with you for some weird reason, and this is their non-verbal way of saying, take it somewhere else. Most would just come out and say it, if that was how they felt, but it is not unheard of for shops to do something like this.

Bill

That's what I was thinking also cause when the dealer said one sway bar link was $347.98 I'm like really!!!!!!!!!!!! They must have been thinking of the whole sway bar and said one link labor would be $160 no way. I picked my truck up and will never return. I know it sounds like I'm too needy or picky and having the same issues and no results is frustrating. I guess I'm too specific and doubt they like me taking the truck in and saving them the time and telling them exactly what is wrong.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.