Cadillac Owners Forum banner

05 SRX Back Up Camera Install

10K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  conedoctor 
#1 ·
I know this maybe an old problem, but I trying to find info on how to hock up a back up cam to my OEM Nav system in my 2005 SRX.

#7 ·
One additional note about RPO U2K. If your '04 - '06 SRX was not originally built with the U2K option then it is all but impossible to add it. It is my understanding that GM will only sell the harness as a replacement for a bad U2K harness that was built into the car. If you get one out of a junkyard, it won't work as it is "locked" to the VIN of the car it was built for. Obviously, that was part of the agreement XM made with GM to insure that owners of a non-factory XM car would have to buy an aftermarket XM kit to add XM to the car.

Bill

#8 ·
SFVetteman said:
Wrong...if you have RPO U2K which is the XM radio option. If you have that, then you can get a lockpick and get the video input that you need.

Bill
Wrong

There is no lock pick for VIDEO input on the 04-06 nav system only the 07+. Check your source because either they or you don't know what they are talking about. The denso system used in that car is the same as the xlr.

The link you provided is for an iPod lock pick same as the usaspec pa15-vette. It's to connect charge control and display audio for the iPod. It does NOTHING for a visual image input to display on the nav.

#12 ·
Try it. Lemme know how it works out for ya. Even the instructions on the website provide no information about use on any srx or any Cadillac other than the escalade for that matter.

Also $800 bucks?! I'd go aftermarket anyways. Why invest in a nav that's most recent and last map update was in 2009.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.