Adaptive Remote...2008 and Newer...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Adaptive Remote...2008 and Newer... in Cadillac SRX Forums; ...does anyone know where the best place is to get an adaptive remote for my 2008 SRX???...is it going to ...
    silversport is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): *2008 SRX4 V6**Gone-2000 Escalade**

Adaptive Remote...2008 and Newer...

...does anyone know where the best place is to get an adaptive remote for my 2008 SRX???...is it going to be the 'bay?

I had done this with my older Escalade but this remote is different and would like any benefits of your wisdom...by the way, I did do a search first...I'd like to know if there is anything more up to date with this...

Thanks,

Bill

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS 3.6 Premium, 1999 Corvette,370 RWHP & other mods

Re: Adaptive Remote...2008 and Newer...

If by adaptive remote you mean remote start then I believe all '08 & '09 have remote start standard. It's the clockwise arrow button on your fob. To use it press the lock button first and then the clockwise arrow button. Car will run for about 10 minutes.

Bill

OK...I have one but need another remote (the physical piece connected to the key ring...key FOB, whatever it's called...when I searched it came up with Adaptive Remote)...thanks for the info...

Bill

So no one here has had to replace a lost or never received (in my case) remote with Auto Start???

Bill

has everyone just gone to the dealer for a new remote???...I see them on the 'Bay but they all seem to have a hidden key inside...mine does not appear to have a hidden key as there is no way to access it...any help or experience would be appreciated...

Bill

I know no one was able to help here but someone may wish to get some answers in the future...I can't be the only person to purchase an SRX with one (adaptive) remote...

I purchased mine off of the 'bay and it was MUCH less than what any dealership or locksmith wanted for one...mine is a Genuine GM part and the part number is # 20805406 ...mine was the kind of remote that had no internal hidden key (for my 2008 SRX V6 AWD with auto start) and was easy to program in the DIC (drivers information center) under learn remote.

Despite what many experts...even those online or those who sell these remotes...it CAN be learned on board your SRX if you have the DIC...mine took a couple of tries I'll chalk up to operator error (me) but I know have a 2nd factory 5 button GM Adaptive Remote (TRANSMITTR/CON D 20805406) that operates the locks (lock/unlock), Auto Start, Panic Alarm, Power Hatch...

If it helps, I was told by dealerships, locksmiths and those who sell remotes that this can and cannot be learned without the GM tool, that the remotes with the hidden key will not work with our SRXs (so you have to do like I did and search for one without the hidden key...most HAD the hidden key), and you have to get one marked #2 (not true but when you program it, the 2nd one you learn will become #2 and so one up to 6 or 8 remotes...)

Mine was new in the sealed wrapper from someone who acquired NIB parts from a dealership...
    Good luck with your quest...hope this helps someone who's looking...

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS 3.6 Premium, 1999 Corvette,370 RWHP & other mods

While you don't need to get a #2, it would probably be wise to get one that has a different number than the one you already have if you have options like memory seats. It would make them easy to tell apart from each other when they each have different individual settings because of 2 drivers. Also, while you can have more than 2 remotes, I heard that #3 and up will be thought of as #2 as far as individual settings go. I also believe the hidden key remotes are for the keyless start cars.

Bill

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.