Closing in on a 2008 SRX...Questions and Help Requested...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Closing in on a 2008 SRX...Questions and Help Requested... in Cadillac SRX Forums; I thought it's own thread might be better to get answers...I found a 2008 that is missing some of the ...
    silversport is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): *2008 SRX4 V6**Gone-2000 Escalade**

Closing in on a 2008 SRX...Questions and Help Requested...

I thought it's own thread might be better to get answers...I found a 2008 that is missing some of the options I previously thought would be deal killers if it didn't get them but...what do you all think???

No limited slip but it is AWD
    No Magnetic Ride Control...it s an FE1
    No Sport Package...just the standard SRX V6 AWD
    It does have the Ultraview Moonroof but it seems quiet on operation...
    No Towing package but I don't tow anything...just like the extras that come with it...

Low miles and pretty nice condition but I did smell some mustiness in the spare and jack area with some minor rusting on the jack itself...I figure if it had a bad issue, it would be much worse after 5 years of ownership???

...it smelled a bit like cigars despite being sonically cleaned but over all not bad...it drove pretty well...

I still don't know about the center console and my right leg...is it something you get used to???

I rarely see V8 SRXs for sale in the ChicagoLand area and definitely not V8s with AWD...this one is the far more common V6 but it seems plenty peppy 'round town on the test drive...I really DO wish it had the Sport Package as I like the look better and the extras but...

Your thoughts and experiences would be greatly appreciated...

Bill

----------

...thought I'd add it would replace the 2000 Escalade...the SRX is much less truck like...smaller but handles far better and get's better mileage...I need the truck like many do...a few times a year...other than that it is used as a car...

I don't know the SRX's prowess in the Winter stuff...it was always satisfying to be able to bull my way through the snow drifts or high water during the floods over the last 10 years 'round here...

Bill

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    No mrc that's a good thing those go out a lot from what I've read and is VERY expensive to replace. No tow package means more room under the hood without the fan clutch (also the ones that came with the tow package didn't have a hitch factory which is strange) rust and water in the back area get use to it as the sunroof drains get clogged and flood that area its called lake Cadillac gm hasn't figured out a solid fix for that even in the second gen srx. The ultraview sunroof will cost a lot of money in the long run stay away from that. Lastly the v6 make sure you get all service records and oil consumption data even with low mileage. Some of these use more than a qt of oil every 1k miles and some even worse due to engine break in issues. When were the timing chains done on that engine? All and all you would be better off in my opinion with the v8 without mrc and without the sunroof. Lots of money will be saved notice you can find the v6 srx all day cause ppl are getting rid of them and ppl with the v8 keep those for awhile. The sport package looks great on these.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Re: Closing in on a 2008 SRX...Questions and Help Requested...

I would pass, get a loaded AWD V8 with sport package and be done with it.

MRC missing like said is a good thing and maybe not worth the awesomeness come repair time.
    Sport package is awesome and a huge deal breaker for me.
    Tow package is nice, I don't know if I suffer from lack of under hood room? The factory hitch is not class 3 so is sort of useless anyway so not a huge loss that it does not come with.
    The ultraview is awesome and I love ours, 2 SRX's both with them over 6 or something years and not one issue.
    While not all V6's had issues some did.

thanks for the replies...well...I've been looking off and on since June 2012 and don't find any local, clean, low mileage V8 AWDs around...seems like everyone has the V6s...appreciate the answers...keep them coming if you are so inclined...

Bill

Not really a lack of underhood room just when it comes time to change the belts you will pay way more as the fan clutch and support bracket has to be removed to access the belts. Personal preference all of my clutch fans on other vehicles have been removed for more efficient dual electric fans better gas mileage and some HP increase

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

I should sell mine, we are on the fence about it right now but the world needs more loaded V8 AWD, 3rd row, sport package, RSE red SRX's and I should not hoard lol

SFVetteman is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS 3.6 Premium, 1999 Corvette,370 RWHP & other mods

Here is a 2008 V8 AWD w/Sport Package 160 miles east of Chicago in Geneseo: http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

And another one in Peoria: http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

thanks...maybe I'll have to take a road trip...do you think the Northstar V8 and sport package are worth $5000 extra???...

Bill

Considering the sport package even on eBay with free shipping and painted is around $1800+ and the dealer probably would run $3000+ paint and the v8 not having the timing chain and oil consumption issues the v6 has its is very well worth it. Just the savings in future if not sooner repairs on the engine and engine oil makes it worth it. Also the v8 sometimes gets better gas mileage on the highway and has more power behind it the v6 makes this thing seem underpowered not much passing power.

High wholesale bluebook is around $19000...very unlikely dealer paid more so you have room to deal. A car equipped the way you want it is always worth more to you...how much more is a personal decision. Also, not having to worry about the possibility of oil consumption/timing chain issues that come with the V6 is worth something as well.

Bill

rlh6805 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX AWD 3.6L

Stay away from the V6. GM has serious issues with this motor. Timing chain and oil consumption are huge problems. I would look for a nice 2010.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    2010 is gen 2 srx and only came with the 3.6,
    3.0 or the 2.8t. None of which are more reliable than the 4.6 n*

thanks everyone but I bought the local V6...the car's interior looked as new and it drives very nice...I have no complaints about the V6 and my other cars were a C5 Corvette and I still have the 2006 GTO...

I appreciate the input and advice...

Bill

Congrats...hope it works out well for you. Check the oil every fillup to be safe and check the jack storage area often for signs of Lake Cadillac.

Bill

crete68s is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v
    Quote Originally Posted by silversport
    thanks everyone but I bought the local V6...the car's interior looked as new and it drives very nice...I have no complaints about the V6 and my other cars were a C5 Corvette and I still have the 2006 GTO...

I appreciate the input and advice...

Bill
    interested in buying rims for ur new ride?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.