suspension issues
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, suspension issues in Cadillac SRX Forums; After This (please read) I decided to look into my car's problems For all the Time I owned this car ...
    mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

suspension issues

After This (please read) I decided to look into my car's problems

For all the Time I owned this car I really thought I have MRC, the Harder ride and the stiff suspension, plus i read somewhere that i have one, if i remember currently it was from these one of these VIN PRO converter site?
    anyway, Now I love in a home not in an apartment, so I have my own garage and decided to lift the car and look for signs of trouble, I have this thing goin now, when I made hard turns, sometimes when i do that+ break the car things it's slipping, then it activate both stability control + traction control and stops the car, sometimes the car detect something after just getting the car out of the garage and give me the service stability control message,
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyxn1sj0gp...2017.12.47.jpg

after I lift the car I noticed I have these:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/yo3v9nb1a2...2016.53.46.jpg
    and no cables are connected to them, and everything else looks good.
    so I took a picture of the codes sticker i have by lake cadillac:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/25yod9k9r3...2017.09.44.jpg

you can see I have FE1 suspension not the FE3/F55,

I have couple questions:
    1st : what do you think is wrong with my car? I mean I'll change the shocks but the traction control issue is started to be real pain in the butt
    2nd can you please translate the rest of the codes or give me some site where i can find these?

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

glake89 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Re: suspension issues

Go to your dealer's parts counter, be nice and the guy most likely will give you an RPO list. As to the messages, they probably left DTCs, so get them read and we may be able to tell what's going on.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

I have the OBDII bluetooth reader and there are no codes, history, pending or current, but not sure if my reader can detect Body,Chasis codes or not.
    I was trying to avoid the dealer as mush as I can, if you think I should go there then I'll probably just let them deal with it.

Most parts stores can read body/ABS codes and do so free.

Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by mjcaddy View Post
    I have the OBDII bluetooth reader and there are no codes, history, pending or current, but not sure if my reader can detect Body,Chasis codes or not.
    I was trying to avoid the dealer as mush as I can, if you think I should go there then I'll probably just let them deal with it.
    Hello mjcaddy,

I apologize for the vehicle issues you are experiencing. If you private message me and include your VIN, I can provide you with your RPO code list. We can continue to interact via private message and further discuss your concerns.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I have the Bluetooth one also and they aren't capable of reading body and most manufacturer codes you need a good plug in cable scanner I got one with abs scanner for $100 on sale at harbor freight.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    You do not have magnetic ride.

Sounds like a bad steering wheel position or yaw sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello mjcaddy,

I apologize for the vehicle issues you are experiencing. If you private message me and include your VIN, I can provide you with your RPO code list. We can continue to interact via private message and further discuss your concerns.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Thanks for the enthusiasm! last time i contacted customer care about an issue was a year ago and I'm still waiting for the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by repnatl View Post
    I have the Bluetooth one also and they aren't capable of reading body and most manufacturer codes you need a good plug in cable scanner I got one with abs scanner for $100 on sale at harbor freight.
    can you please send me a link or something, I'm looking for one and i really dont want to buy the GM-tech for $$$$, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    You do not have magnetic ride.

Sounds like a bad steering wheel position or yaw sensor.
    Yeah I noticed that I have FE1 (first post),
    now does anyone know how to get to the Yaw sensor ?
    all i got from the service manual is" To access the yaw rate sensor/lateral and longitudinal accelerometer move the passenger seat rearward. Carefully lift the carpet by the seam."

what seam ? where?

thanks

There is a seam in the carpet under the seat, runs side to side. May help to remove door sill trim.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Thanks for the enthusiasm! last time i contacted customer care about an issue was a year ago and I'm still waiting for the answer!

can you please send me a link or something, I'm looking for one and i really dont want to buy the GM-tech for $$$$, thanks

Yeah I noticed that I have FE1 (first post),
    now does anyone know how to get to the Yaw sensor ?
    all i got from the service manual is" To access the yaw rate sensor/lateral and longitudinal accelerometer move the passenger seat rearward. Carefully lift the carpet by the seam."

what seam ? where?

thanks
    You are welcome mjcaddy. I am sorry you have not heard from customer care last time you contacted them. I am more than happy to assist you with any question you may have. Would you still like me to provide you with your RPO codes? I can do so, if you message me your VIN. I can be reached via private message if you do not want to provide this publicly.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Caddy Dave is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 srx V8 Northstar

when I got that on my screen they had change my front wheel bearing hub and everything was fine.

silversport is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): *2008 SRX4 V6**Gone-2000 Escalade**

if it is like the Corvette...GM decided to couple the wheel sensors with the wheel hub so you do have to replace the wheel hub to get a new sensor...my now traded C5 Corvette had Active Handling (Stabilitrak) codes, Brake codes and Traction Control and it was all a faulty sensor but it needs a new hub...I recall it was about a $350-$400 job at my mechanic around $250 for the part and labor)...good luck...sounds like CaddyDave called it...

Bill

johns12 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX V8

I had a similar problem with service stability messages and traction control engaging when it shouldn't. M advice.
    Go to the dealer and have them check for the problem. You may be able to fix it yourself after the diagnosis. I didn't do this and ended up replacing the steering whell position sensor and three wheel hubs. The problem kept surfacing. I finally brought it to my local Chevy dealer.

They checked the continuity from the front right wheel hub to the main computer and found a fault there. I ended up replacing the wheel speed sensor wire (connector form the hub and splicing it in to the main line about 3 feet away) and problem solved. If I had done this first, I could have saved some money and time.

The new wire cost $34.

silversport is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): *2008 SRX4 V6**Gone-2000 Escalade**

good information to know johns12...

Bill

thanks guys for all the replies, most got this problem solved with the steering wheel position sensor replaced but I had issues with the wheel hub before so that made me think it can be anywhere now.
    I'll have to take it to the dealer, the only thing is i don't have time, I'll see if i get anytime off work this Friday just to drop the car there.

cheers
    MJ

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.