Cadillac Owners Forum banner

suspension issues

4K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 ·
After This (please read) I decided to look into my car's problems

For all the Time I owned this car I really thought I have MRC, the Harder ride and the stiff suspension, plus i read somewhere that i have one, if i remember currently it was from these one of these VIN PRO converter site?
anyway, Now I love in a home not in an apartment, so I have my own garage and decided to lift the car and look for signs of trouble, I have this thing goin now, when I made hard turns, sometimes when i do that+ break the car things it's slipping, then it activate both stability control + traction control and stops the car, sometimes the car detect something after just getting the car out of the garage and give me the service stability control message,
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyxn1sj0gp6pjv5/2013-07-28 17.12.47.jpg

after I lift the car I noticed I have these:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yo3v9nb1a2n3fhr/2013-07-28 16.53.46.jpg
and no cables are connected to them, and everything else looks good.
so I took a picture of the codes sticker i have by lake cadillac:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/25yod9k9r3evq7z/2013-07-28 17.09.44.jpg

you can see I have FE1 suspension not the FE3/F55,

I have couple questions:
1st : what do you think is wrong with my car? I mean I'll change the shocks but the traction control issue is started to be real pain in the butt
2nd can you please translate the rest of the codes or give me some site where i can find these?

thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Go to your dealer's parts counter, be nice and the guy most likely will give you an RPO list. As to the messages, they probably left DTCs, so get them read and we may be able to tell what's going on.

#3 ·
I have the OBDII bluetooth reader and there are no codes, history, pending or current, but not sure if my reader can detect Body,Chasis codes or not.
I was trying to avoid the dealer as mush as I can, if you think I should go there then I'll probably just let them deal with it.

#4 ·
Most parts stores can read body/ABS codes and do so free.

#9 ·
There is a seam in the carpet under the seat, runs side to side. May help to remove door sill trim.

#12 · (Edited)
if it is like the Corvette...GM decided to couple the wheel sensors with the wheel hub so you do have to replace the wheel hub to get a new sensor...my now traded C5 Corvette had Active Handling (Stabilitrak) codes, Brake codes and Traction Control and it was all a faulty sensor but it needs a new hub...I recall it was about a $350-$400 job at my mechanic around $250 for the part and labor)...good luck...sounds like CaddyDave called it...

Bill

#13 ·
I had a similar problem with service stability messages and traction control engaging when it shouldn't. M advice.
Go to the dealer and have them check for the problem. You may be able to fix it yourself after the diagnosis. I didn't do this and ended up replacing the steering whell position sensor and three wheel hubs. The problem kept surfacing. I finally brought it to my local Chevy dealer.

They checked the continuity from the front right wheel hub to the main computer and found a fault there. I ended up replacing the wheel speed sensor wire (connector form the hub and splicing it in to the main line about 3 feet away) and problem solved. If I had done this first, I could have saved some money and time.

The new wire cost $34.

#15 ·
thanks guys for all the replies, most got this problem solved with the steering wheel position sensor replaced but I had issues with the wheel hub before so that made me think it can be anywhere now.
I'll have to take it to the dealer, the only thing is i don't have time, I'll see if i get anytime off work this Friday just to drop the car there.

cheers
MJ

#17 ·
Hi MJ,

I apologize for any trouble you have to go through in getting your vehicle to the dealership. Please keep me informed if you are able to get your vehicle into the dealer and the outcome of your situation. If you need my assistance for anything, don't hesitate to contact me via private message.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

#16 ·
Go to O'Reilley's and have them check the code, they should have one that will pull the ABS codes (be sure to tell the kid to set the machine correctly). Most likely issue is one of the front wheel bearings.

Does the warning light stay on or does it come and go?

I recently replaced both front struts on my 2008, they were $55 each on Amazon. I also replaced a bad bearing to correct the "Service Stabilitrak" message. The parts are cheap if you can do the labor your self.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.