2008 srx v6 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 2008 srx v6 in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by amcon got it... looked it up, VVT in this motor (and most) is a way of doing ...
    repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    got it... looked it up, VVT in this motor (and most) is a way of doing several things... produce better torque and hp through out the range of RPMS... in stead of just producing hp in the higher ends of RPM VVT can help maintaing power at low and higher RPMS - ditto with torque. and add in fuel maintence as well.

lol... the idea of this post was to show the paint of the cover and the carbon fiber painted shock tower cross over... just to give others ideas - and to show off the stuff i like to do (and get paid for - lol)
    Oh it looks awesome too lol
    amcon likes this.

amcon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX, AWD V6. Esclade 2005 AWD NS

Re: 2008 srx v6

20131016_223041_resized (1) taped up hood.jpg

20131017_002347_resized flat black hood.jpg

20131017_015445_resized hood and red strip.jpg

have been wanting to try using plasti dip on my car, and thought the carbon fiber hood look would be a nice change, and then added some red to fender for color.

it came out well and i have been suprised how many people have approached me asking questions ... it was easy to only took about 2.5 hours and the cost was very reasonable.

silversport is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Escalade Gone**2008 SRX4 V6

looks good...nice GS stripes on the front fender (Grand Sport...search early 1960s Corvette Grand Sport to learn where those started)...

Bill

amcon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX, AWD V6. Esclade 2005 AWD NS

Quote Originally Posted by silversport View Post
    looks good...nice GS stripes on the front fender (Grand Sport...search early 1960s Corvette Grand Sport to learn where those started)...

Bill
    im a big GM fan... so the fender stripes were just to add a touch of color, and to drive a friend crazy that i put them on my cady lol...

short story: kid is a really nice guy, body builder type, entire body tatted up, lives at home, mom does his laundry and prob still takes him to the doctors... (lol if your reading this bro, you know i love ya lol) he doesnt own anything! but a i phone (his dad gave it to him when he up graded) and he needs a new car - so he goes to the local used car lot and the owner is selling his corvette - my friend buys it... fyi - we live in the snow belt - so he bumbs rides over the winter.

funny part is he reasoned he would finally get a girl friend with the car - guess what he did! lol and amazingly enough she is hotter then the car!

lol

and the carbon fiber SS stripes and the GS stripes are just plasti-dip paint - (home-depto 6 dollars a can, black, grey and clear (glossifier) and 12 bucks for the mat that goes under the rug so you dont slip when you walk on it... one roll of good painters tape 10 bucks, and 2.5 hours of taping and painting, pulling tape off and retaping, pulling tape off and retapeing and poof you have puesdo carbon fiber "looking" paint, and when you get board of it just peal it off and expose undamaged paint.) ill attach a video - guy paints his car with pearl white paint... and a second video of diff guy pealing it off with out any damage.

----------

painting plasti dip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAfShVuhQC8

removing plasti dip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO50i2UEr3c

Irishwhisky1956 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): radiant bronze '08 SRX4

Just bought a '08 SRX4 wish me luck I did buy a GM warranty just in case

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Irishwhisky1956 View Post
    Just bought a '08 SRX4 wish me luck I did buy a GM warranty just in case
    Welcome to Cadillac Owners, Irishwhisky1956! Congratulations on your recent purchase of a 2008 SRX. I hope you are enjoying your Cadillac so far. If you ever have any vehicle inquiries or concerns, don't hesitate to contact us. Gregory and I monitor the Cadillac forums and can be reached via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

I bought my 2008 SRX4 V6 in August and am still really enjoying it...my only issue is the passenger side front airbag is off about half the time with someone sitting there...I plan to take it in to the dealer but other than that I find mine quick enough, decent gas mileage, roomy enough (I'm 6'6" and long leg'ed) and handles great...

Bill

I bought my 2008 SRX4 V6 in August and am still really enjoying it...my only issue is the passenger side front airbag is off about half the time with someone sitting there...I plan to take it in to the dealer but other than that I find mine quick enough, decent gas mileage, roomy enough (I'm 6'6" and long leg'ed) and handles great...

Bill
    Hello Bill,

I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your SRX! I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your passenger side airbag though. Please keep us updated when you do take your vehicle in as to how the appointment goes. If you would like any assistance setting up an appointment, Laura or I would be more than happy to assist you. You can always reach out to us via private message if you would like any assistance.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Irishwhisky1956 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): radiant bronze '08 SRX4

Great looking Caddy

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello Bill,

I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your SRX! I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your passenger side airbag though. Please keep us updated when you do take your vehicle in as to how the appointment goes. If you would like any assistance setting up an appointment, Laura or I would be more than happy to assist you. You can always reach out to us via private message if you would like any assistance.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    will do and thanks for the concern...

Bill

will do and thanks for the concern...

Bill
    Hello Bill,

You are welcome. We are here to assist, so don't hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.