e3 66 plugs & Falken ziex ze912 vs oe parts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, e3 66 plugs & Falken ziex ze912 vs oe parts in Cadillac SRX Forums; Got a 2007 Cadillac SRX4 V6,got new rubber 4 my staggered size tires a week ago, and what a difference ...
    desmar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx4

e3 66 plugs & Falken ziex ze912 vs oe parts

Got a 2007 Cadillac SRX4 V6,got new rubber 4 my staggered size tires a week ago, and what a difference from the Goodyear's PEa, got Falken Ziex ze912 all around. The grip and driving smoothness is incomparable to oe tires, highly recommend if you are in the market, about Can $1000.00 out the door .
    Yesterday replace spark plugs with e3 66, another improvement over oe spec plugs, I've driven about 300 kms & mileage improve almost immediately & greatly went from 15ltrs/100kms to 11.5ltrs/100kms @ $1.30 a ltr or $5.20 a gallon that's $5 savings per every 100 kms I drive & with a range of about 600 kms per fill up that's $30 in savings. This has been the best $1100 I've spend or invested. Very satisfied with research I did before I chose this replacement parts, just about a week

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D

Re: e3 66 plugs & Falken ziex ze912 vs oe parts

Hmmm.....

Really!!

Whiplash_89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 SRX V8 AWD, 04 NSRT4

I want to believe you because you're Canadian.

dredd2099 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 srx

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash_89 View Post
    I want to believe you because you're Canadian.
    lol, this

glad its working out for you mr desmar

Unfortunately there's no way for me to verify this, but I think is combination of tuneup & new tyres & drastically change my driving habits no unnecessary hard or fast acceleration because of gas price at $ 5.24/gall or $1.32/ltr. Ouch!!

Ah, driving style too. I read some reviews amd decided to get some NGK laser platinum plugs. They should be arriving within 2 weeks and I will update this thread as far as how they perform.

Looking forward to your review, they were in consideration.

raysirx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I am using e3 plugs for a year, no difference in mpg
    I get about 16 mpg around town
    V6 170,000 miles awd

Well I finally installed these plugs. My car was running fine before the install and now I have a P0300 FML.

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Well I finally installed these plugs. My car was running fine before the install and now I have a P0300 FML.
    Did you check the gap on them? I've ran autolite iridium's and NGK iridium's not difference between them so far I change mine once a year.

Forgot to mention this last time.
    . I removed intake manifold and clean the inside of it with throttle body cleaner.
    I'm averaging 20.6 mpg or 11.7 Ltrs/100kms wit e366, also new rubber with all wheel alignment.

----------

Spark plug socket did have a rubber ring inside when you were installing plugs, if it did it might have stuck in plug and you did not notice & put everything back together. It could trigger rough idle + codes.

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by desmar View Post
    . I removed intake manifold and clean the inside of it with throttle body cleaner.
    I'm averaging 20.6 mpg or 13.7 Ltrs/100kms wit e366, also new rubber with all wheel alignment.

----------

Spark plug socket did have a rubber ring inside when you were installing plugs, if it did it might have stuck in plug and you did not notice & put everything back together. It could trigger rough idle + codes.
    That rubber piece would have only gotten stuck on one plug he has a random cylinder misfire not an individual cylinder . Cleaning the intake wouldn't effect it I use carb cleaner on the entire intake while its off.

Quote Originally Posted by repnatl View Post
    Did you check the gap on them? I've ran autolite iridium's and NGK iridium's not difference between them so far I change mine once a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by desmar View Post
    I'm averaging 20.6 mpg or 13.7 Ltrs/100kms wit e366, also new rubber with all wheel alignment.

----------

Yeah I didn't check the gap. My fault since it said "pre gapped" on the box. I will do them again today. Its not the rubber ring for sure.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D

Your only at 17.1 MPG, we have to use apples to apples here. I live in Canada and no one uses IMP gallons that I know of.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.