Software Upgrade to rectify timing chain issue?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Software Upgrade to rectify timing chain issue? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Took my car back from my local dealer today , they have just told me to go to the caddy ...
    ukmat71 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Took my car back from my local dealer today , they have just told me to go to the caddy dealer and they will foot the bill

But the caddy dealer want to do a 'software upgrade' first. As they think this will fix the timing chain p0008 warning.

Been trying to research this but hit a dead end , the only recall/ software upgrade issue I can find is to do with the oil consumption and they make your oil monitor drop quicker.
    Has Anyone actually had this so called software upgrade , to rectify the timing chain issue ?

Thanks in advance
    marcus

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4

Re: Software Upgrade to rectify timing chain issue?

There is no failure that will prevent a mechanical malfunction due to previous or current owner neglect.

Period

There is an UPDATE that changes the oil life interval to a much less time so the current owner CHECKS and CHANGES their oil more often but its not going to fix its current consumption and ran low on oil issues...

ukmat71 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Yes I agree , but this car has been owned by GM for the first 2 years , then privately owned by local garage for the last 4 years and full service history with it.

The engine code just keeps popping up , no noise from front end at all. I am wondering if its a bad sensor.

But what's really worrying me is the software update that they seem to be on about. I have not heard about it or can find anything online about it.
    the caddy dealer (who is that new he is not even register as a dealer with cadillac Europe yet) says they have done this update to a few cars and the problem has been rectified. Apparently the tolerances are too slim they say and this just throws the light on.

I think it's the update for the oil monitor that they are confusing this with.

Still it's just taking my time , and not finances now as the dealer I purchased it from is footing the bill.
    Maybe this update is UK specific , I just don't know.

But I will be purchasing a new set of chains on my next vacation in FL...... just in case

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Do not quote me but I think I read there was a ECM upgrade but it limited performance afterwards?

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4

That was for the N* I believe...

The update for the 3.6 will not eliminate that code, it helps prevent it by making the owner more observant but if you already have it, damage is done...

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

It does not matter if the pope owned it first, if the bishops did not check the oil and she ran low it will have the damage and it can't be undone, well if it was the popes he can pull some strings...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.