2006 SRX clunking noises in front end
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 2006 SRX clunking noises in front end in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hello everyone, I have a bad clunking and squeaking noise in the location what appears to be in the front ...
    M&B2006SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX (AWD)

2006 SRX clunking noises in front end

Hello everyone,

I have a bad clunking and squeaking noise in the location what appears to be in the front end of my vehicle. I took it to a local shop where they told me the sway bar links needed replacing, which we did and I got the MOOG with grease fittings, which makes sense as the other ones were a sealed unit (dumb). Anyway, the squeaking and or clunking noises did NOT go away. I had them recheck the front end incl. the ball joints, chassis area, struts as they heard the noises as well but could not find anything wrong. It's very annoying as it sounds like something is loose or going to fall off the car and I hate the feeling and noise. Any suggestions as I am having difficulties locating the problem and if I replaced everything in the fron end along with the struts it could cost thousands $$$$. Anyone know if there is a recall on Cadillac SRX or any solutions ???

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Those would be your front lower control arms. They are a pain and very expensive to replace luckily mine (3 times in less than a year under warranty) were free. The parts are hardly available online the dorman brand are around $300 and dealer I believe around $600 each. The power steering rack has to be slightly lifted to clear the control arm bolts. Unless you have a warranty or are very comfortable with your mechanical skills this will be expensive for you.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Re: 2006 SRX clunking noises in front end

May I make a recommendation? Use the search function and do some reading. Clunks and groans in the front end are covered extensively. My clunks were due to worn insulators on the front swaybar, and a loose caliper. Groans.....the lower control arm bushings were bad, control arms replaced. This info won' help you much because that is info from one SRX and just one owner. PJ

Personally I've seen over a half dozen srx with the bad lca. But PJ is right have it checked first before buying parts. Dealer said the same thing about sway bar links but that wasn't my particular issue.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by M&B2006SRX View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have a bad clunking and squeaking noise in the location what appears to be in the front end of my vehicle. I took it to a local shop where they told me the sway bar links needed replacing, which we did and I got the MOOG with grease fittings, which makes sense as the other ones were a sealed unit (dumb). Anyway, the squeaking and or clunking noises did NOT go away. I had them recheck the front end incl. the ball joints, chassis area, struts as they heard the noises as well but could not find anything wrong. It's very annoying as it sounds like something is loose or going to fall off the car and I hate the feeling and noise. Any suggestions as I am having difficulties locating the problem and if I replaced everything in the fron end along with the struts it could cost thousands $$$$. Anyone know if there is a recall on Cadillac SRX or any solutions ???

Thanks.
    Hello M&B2006SRX,

I understand how the clunking and squeaking noises with your vehicle can be frustrating. If you private message me with your VIN, I am more than happy to look into this issue for you and explore our options from there.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Somewhere there must be replacement bushings that will fit our lower control arms. If anyone replaces their LCAs, send me one of the old ones and I'll try to find a source.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Glake I've tried to find them I see them listed separate in the dealer diagram but can't get them if energy suspension would come out with them they would make some serious money. I'm about to take mine in for the 4th pair in the next few weeks and I'll make sure they give me the old lcas and I'll try to send just the bushings to you.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Why on earth would a person want to spend a smaller amount of money on just the bushings when one could spend far more money replacing both the bushings AND otherwise perfectly good control arms. :-) PJ

M&B2006SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX (AWD)

Thanks everyone....I think I am going to replace as many bushings on my car and replace those with grease fittings (if applicable) and I might as well go with polyurethane bushings if I can so hopefully I there is a bushing kit out there to replace all of the important and least expensive bushings as I will try to NOT replace the entire lower control arms as I think they can be pressed in and the old ones can be pushed, cut or even burned out as I think GM should fix it in a RECALL so I will also check with the dealer as well but I am not the original owner however I do not think that matters as I had an older 1978 Cutlass when I was a kid and the dealer recalled a part where I got it fixed for free some 15 years later with the car having over 95,000 miles. So everyone with similar issues call your local dealer and provide them with the VIN to see if there might possibly be a recall...it's worth a try right ????? Thanks to all again.

----------

Thank You Laura.....here is the VIN # 1GYEE637460189273 and again it's a 2006 Cadillac SRX AWD. Thank You.. Brian

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1520 View Post
    Why on earth would a person want to spend a smaller amount of money on just the bushings when one could spend far more money replacing both the bushings AND otherwise perfectly good control arms. :-) PJ
    Pretty much cause the lcas and ball joints were fine on all of them its the bushing mounting the lcas to the frame that sucks. Wonder if its worth making our own somehow there has to be a way to make these last its not like I'm driving the hell out of it just everyday driving and now I put less than 800 miles a month on it.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by M&B2006SRX View Post
    Thanks everyone....I think I am going to replace as many bushings on my car and replace those with grease fittings (if applicable) and I might as well go with polyurethane bushings if I can so hopefully I there is a bushing kit out there to replace all of the important and least expensive bushings as I will try to NOT replace the entire lower control arms as I think they can be pressed in and the old ones can be pushed, cut or even burned out as I think GM should fix it in a RECALL so I will also check with the dealer as well but I am not the original owner however I do not think that matters as I had an older 1978 Cutlass when I was a kid and the dealer recalled a part where I got it fixed for free some 15 years later with the car having over 95,000 miles. So everyone with similar issues call your local dealer and provide them with the VIN to see if there might possibly be a recall...it's worth a try right ????? Thanks to all again.

----------

Thank You Laura.....here is the VIN # 1GYEE637460189273 and again it's a 2006 Cadillac SRX AWD. Thank You.. Brian
    Hey Brian,

You are welcome. Thank you for providing me with your VIN. I am going to reach back out to you via private message so we can continue our interaction that way.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

xboxman72 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX4 V8 Sport Package

http://www.amazon.com/Raybestos-579-...&vehicleType=6

Is this the bushing in question? Amazons lists it as "Rear" but the Raybestos site says "lower" control arm outer bushing.

My LCA is squeaking in cold weather and I would like to change the bushings. I had the clunking noise but fixed it by replacing the sway bar linkage. The first Delco sway link I put on had the same noise after about 15k miles and was replaced with the Moog.

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Not the same. LCAs are 'A' arms that have 2 bushings that locate to the frame.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

xboxman72 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX4 V8 Sport Package

Is this the bushing for the strut mounting to the control arm? I have not seen the bushings for where the arm mounts to the chassis for sale.

No these are the front lower control arm bushing connecting the control arm to the frame.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.