2006 SRX clunking noises in front end - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 2006 SRX clunking noises in front end in Cadillac SRX Forums; I believe the reason why many relatively cheap parts are not available by themselves is that companies hate to tie ...
    SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX V6 RWD, 1999 Corvette..370 RWHP and many more mods

Re: 2006 SRX clunking noises in front end

I believe the reason why many relatively cheap parts are not available by themselves is that companies hate to tie up money in inventory, especially when they can't make much money on them. These front lower control arm bushings have shown a tendency to wear out relatively soon, so they need to carry relatively more in inventory and by supplying a control arm with the bushings they can make a lot more money and we get stuck buying a control arm we don't need.

Bill

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Yeah pretty much especially the labor is crazy on these luckily they are under warranty this thing will be gone before my warranty is out the wife is eyeing a 2012 ctsv lol but we are searching around.

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX V6 RWD, 1999 Corvette..370 RWHP and many more mods

You may be interested to know that the GM LFX 3.6 V6 that came out in 2012 has cast iron cylinder sleeves that pretty much solves the oil burning issue due to ring seating. GM Australia has always done it that way with their 3.6 as Aussies are pretty much old school with things like that and tend to dislike modern developments like FWD, etc.

Bill

ZOOMY is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have the same problem coming from the front of my 2006 awd v8. I couldn't quite narrow it down at first and don't want to change the uppers and lowers, but from the way it sounds, I 'm about 80% sure it's the upper. I bought a mechanics stethoscope and am going to check further. Everyone keeps saying it's the lower, but I could swear the noise is coming from up top. It's gotten pretty bad lately to the point where it groans with every bump til about 40-45mph. I would hate to spend an extra $200 on whichever one isn't making noise just so I know I have it done. I guess I've got a 50/50 shot, but if I'm wrong I just wasted a few hours of time and $200.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOMY View Post
    I have the same problem coming from the front of my 2006 awd v8. I couldn't quite narrow it down at first and don't want to change the uppers and lowers, but from the way it sounds, I 'm about 80% sure it's the upper. I bought a mechanics stethoscope and am going to check further. Everyone keeps saying it's the lower, but I could swear the noise is coming from up top. It's gotten pretty bad lately to the point where it groans with every bump til about 40-45mph. I would hate to spend an extra $200 on whichever one isn't making noise just so I know I have it done. I guess I've got a 50/50 shot, but if I'm wrong I just wasted a few hours of time and $200.
    Took the first dealer 4 visits with me telling them what it was I isolated it to the very front lower frame to lca bushings (wd40 they said nothing twice then motor mounts then finally control arms I'm like y'all owe me gas money lol.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by SFVetteman View Post
    You may be interested to know that the GM LFX 3.6 V6 that came out in 2012 has cast iron cylinder sleeves that pretty much solves the oil burning issue due to ring seating. GM Australia has always done it that way with their 3.6 as Aussies are pretty much old school with things like that and tend to dislike modern developments like FWD, etc.

Bill
    If they would fit ID suggest those too bad they didn't fix the sunroof drain issue

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by repnatl View Post
    Took the first dealer 4 visits with me telling them what it was I isolated it to the very front lower frame to lca bushings (wd40 they said nothing twice then motor mounts then finally control arms I'm like y'all owe me gas money lol.

----------

If they would fit ID suggest those too bad they didn't fix the sunroof drain issue
    Hello repnatl,

I apologize for any trouble you went through when getting your vehicle diagnosed. How is everything with your vehicle currently? Reach out to me via private message if there is anything else you would like to further discuss.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Hey laura waiting to hear back from the dealer its been there a week so I'm gonna wait around and see how long it takes to get a call back. I plan on leaving the truck there until they fix the issue 90 miles round trip is too much to keep taking it back for the same issues I've been having.

Hey laura waiting to hear back from the dealer its been there a week so I'm gonna wait around and see how long it takes to get a call back. I plan on leaving the truck there until they fix the issue 90 miles round trip is too much to keep taking it back for the same issues I've been having.
    Hello repnatl,

Thank you for the response! Please keep me updated when you hear back. I understand in wanting to leave your vehicle there until they fix the issue, due to the distance.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

dredd2099 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 srx

mines doing clunking noises only when turning a right

Quote Originally Posted by dredd2099 View Post
    Check the sway bar links axles sway bar bracket bushings and control arms. Get a few opinions never go with what the first shop says.

TimRSRX777 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX

I am also sure these same bushings are used in other applications on other vehicles. Someone needs to find a cross-application. Other GM vehicles probably use the exact same bushing on the lower A arms.

The dealer lists the bushings as separate pieces but don't offer them for sale which is crazy. Why have a part number if we can't buy the part unless its the unit? Is it the weight of the truck and awd that causes the premature failure? I think the CTS and sts have the same arms?

Hello dredd2099,

I apologize that you are experiencing a concern with your SRX when you are turning right. Have you spoke to the dealership regarding this issue? If you would like any assistance in working with the dealership, please feel free to private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you have been working with. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

dredd2099 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 srx

Check the sway bar links axles sway bar bracket bushings and control arms. Get a few opinions never go with what the first shop says.
    ty for the heads up sir

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello dredd2099,

I apologize that you are experiencing a concern with your SRX when you are turning right. Have you spoke to the dealership regarding this issue? If you would like any assistance in working with the dealership, please feel free to private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you have been working with. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    ty for offer of help mr gregory
    just finished fixing other items in the car and still havent gone for this one yet
    found a great caddy shop an hour from me that I would like to go back to so just taking care of logistics first

ty for the heads up sir

ty for offer of help mr gregory
    just finished fixing other items in the car and still havent gone for this one yet
    found a great caddy shop an hour from me that I would like to go back to so just taking care of logistics first
    Hello dredd2099,

You are welcome. Gregory W. and I are here to help our customers. I am glad you found a Cadillac shop you would like to go back to. Let us know if we can be of assistance for you. We can be contacted via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.