oil filter relocator kit????
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, oil filter relocator kit???? in Cadillac SRX Forums; took it in for an oil change/leak . my non caddy mechanic told me the oil relocator gasket is the ...
    boater33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

oil filter relocator kit????

took it in for an oil change/leak . my non caddy mechanic told me the oil relocator gasket is the source of the leak.
    $250 + for the kit to replace the gasket only??? he said its a few bolts, o rings, gasket... blah blah blah... another 275 for the labor....

I cant believe the kit is that much, but then again...

can this be accurate?

should i take it to my dealer for this type of service?

thx

so far this forum has helped me with so many things to do myself... the expert advise has been great... but none better than changing the front marker bulbs and the faulty gate handle!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX V6 RWD, 1999 Corvette..370 RWHP and many more mods

Re: oil filter relocator kit????

If you have the V6, then around $250 would be the price for the oil filter adapter(relocator), bolt and gasket. The gasket alone is about $3. If you have the V8, then the oil filter adapter, bolt and gasket is around $160 and the gasket alone is about $9.

Bill

thx Bill
    I do have the v6... my next thought would be, shouldnt you just need a gasket if the gasket is the issue...not having to buy the adapter(relocator) would be a savings.

cheers

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX V6 RWD, 1999 Corvette..370 RWHP and many more mods

Most likely, it is just the gasket that is needed. Also it appears to be a relatively easy DIY repair: unbolt adapter from block, clean mating surfaces of adapter and block, bolt up adapter using new gasket. That said, I haven't done it and don't know what the access issues are.

Bill

well Bill.. I think I have to find a new mechanic.. where I take my vehicles the owner for years moved and sold to the nice enough guy who has worked for him..He was a who called and told ya what needed to be done, what can wait and what not to waste money on...you know, the guy you "trust"....So I give the good talker a few chances to keep my business... (i also have diesel superduty they maintain).. i challenged him with the last bit of work on my superduty a few weeks ago, and suddenly the price comes down and doesnt need the $2500 u joint work...(just repacked something) so and so.....but I give him one more chance with the caddy... so I call back and ask for the part number of the "kit' so I can see if I can get it less expensively... suddenly he calls me back and says he used a favor with a friend at chevy dealer and was able to buy just a gasket that would cost me $12. Even my caddy dealer would sell me the gasket for $7, and over the phone said was most likely likely just the gasket.. so long story short, I told the guy to replace the gasket, and that will be my last visit... ITs so hard to find a good mechanic you trust. I just want to drop it off, and pick it up...and not be cheated. just pay my fair share

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    If your talking about the oil filter adapter housing gasket I believe cone or glake mentioned to me that the power steering pump and Ac compressor must be moved I haven't done mine yet so I don't know. Also that entire adapter is $170 new gm part on gmpartseat.com if we are talking about the same thing

three hours to replace the oil filter relocator gasket... and they charged me $12 for the gasket....

total bill with diagnosing $402 I took a beating, and will never return

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.