Long time lurker first time poster HELP! plz! Wife let it rain in my car, now drivers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Long time lurker first time poster HELP! plz! Wife let it rain in my car, now drivers in Cadillac SRX Forums; Side door doesn't work, it has dried out for weeks now and nothing. No power window, door, mirror, heated seat, ...
    whutaboutbob is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX 4

Long time lurker first time poster HELP! plz! Wife let it rain in my car, now drivers

Side door doesn't work, it has dried out for weeks now and nothing. No power window, door, mirror, heated seat, all of it is out. I pulled both fuses (that took a while to figure out) I took it in to get the oil changed and tires rotated and the Midas shop wanted $700.00 for a new switch they said the dealer had to program it?

----------

I hope that I am giving enough details, and if anyone has an IT related problem I can help in return.. I would like to know what I should do? Or, if someone knows what part I need if I can replace it to save money.. ?

TIA

Dan

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    You can look on ebay for a new switch. R u mechanically inclined? To do this yourself?

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Re: Long time lurker first time poster HELP! plz! Wife let it rain in my car, now dri

Your door control module is at fault. If it has to be replaced, a dealer has to program the new one to your car. I would start by removing the door panel and seeing what you can find. The parts should all be weather proof so something else may be at work.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Re: Long time lurker first time poster HELP! plz! Wife let it rain in my car, now dri

Thank you all so much for your replies, I greatly appreciate them..

Door control module..

Ebay

Dealer program

Got it!!

Dan

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Dan, before you do that, get the DTCs read and report back. There may be something else afoot.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Quote Originally Posted by glake89 View Post
    Dan, before you do that, get the DTCs read and report back. There may be something else afoot.
    Thank you, I am not doing anything until then.. I am an IT guy, so you know I am googling what does "DTC" mean.. right now..

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS 3.6 Premium, 1999 Corvette,370 RWHP & other mods

Diagnostic Trouble Code

Quote Originally Posted by SFVetteman View Post
    Diagnostic Trouble Code
    Thank you, I will go to the dealer and ask for one.. I assume there will be a charge, and if so, then I should just get an estimate on fixing it then. It's really becoming annoying to open my door every time I need to speak to someone instead of rolling own my window.. lol

Thanks again for all of the help.

Daniel

Most auto parts stores will read the codes for you free of charge.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by SFVetteman View Post
    Most auto parts stores will read the codes for you free of charge.

Bill
    Okay, well I did that.. the AutoZone guy came out and hooked up a device to my car and there were NO codes on it.
    No error messages..

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Those parts jockey scanners can only indicate a check engine light code. Your problem needs a scanner which is able to read body and chasis codes.

You would think that since they sell scanners that can read B, C and U codes as well as P codes that they would use one of those.. oh well, live and learn.

Bill

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    I'm 90% sure the best scanner advance sells can only read the PCM(or ECM/TCM) and the abs.

Still doesn't help him.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by whutaboutbob View Post
    Thank you, I will go to the dealer and ask for one.. I assume there will be a charge, and if so, then I should just get an estimate on fixing it then. It's really becoming annoying to open my door every time I need to speak to someone instead of rolling own my window.. lol

Thanks again for all of the help.

Daniel
    Hello Daniel,

I see the community has engaged with your concern and are giving their feedback on your situation. Have you been able to figure out a day to go for a diagnosis at the dealer? Please let me know, as I would like to stay involved throughout this process and work towards a resolution with you. If you would like to further discuss these concerns, please private message me and we can continue to interact.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

I wanted to post an update on here, thank you again for all of your help and comments. I went to an old friends house this weekend who informed me that a mutual friend is the service manager at a local Caddy dealership! I stopped by there today, but he was out to lunch. Called him afterwards and he agreed to look at it for me, promised to give me a deal, and a good OEM part! I just have to get it over there and leave it a while.

Will report back what happens.

thanks!!

dan

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.