Racing power cast aluminum transmission pan kit
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Racing power cast aluminum transmission pan kit in Cadillac SRX Forums; Has anybody tried replacing the Transmission pan with a "RACING POWER CAST ALUMINUM TRANSMISSION PAN KIT". Weather here is extremely ...
    royan97 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX - V8

Racing power cast aluminum transmission pan kit

Has anybody tried replacing the Transmission pan with a "RACING POWER CAST ALUMINUM TRANSMISSION PAN KIT". Weather here is extremely hot and now I need to drive 120km a day with a stuck bypass valve and loosing 2% of may transmission oil life daily. I'm planning to remove the bypass by changing the cooler line to a newer model but I'm hoping to extend the life of my transmission oil by also upgrading the transmission pan (with heat sink).

http://www.jcwhitney.com/cast-alumin...3758d17319u0j1

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS 3.6 Premium, 1999 Corvette,370 RWHP & other mods

Re: Racing power cast aluminum transmission pan kit

I would suggest a larger transmission oil cooler. That is what I did with my Corvette that I club race, often in temperatures over 100 degrees. With the stock cooler, I would see transmission temperatures of 270+ and now they are over 100 degrees lower with the B&M cooler I added. The only problem with installing the B&M cooler was that GM used hydraulic spec fittings on the oil cooler lines and the B&M cooler used pipe thread fittings. I had to locate an adapter to connect to the new cooler. I have no idea what kind of fittings the SRX uses but I would suspect they are of hydraulic spec.

Bill

nascarnation is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX V6 AWD

Agree with SFVette here.
    Not that much heat is dissipated from the pan, remember the air in that vicinity is HOT (exhaust pipes in proximity etc).
    A supplemental cooler in the outside ambient airstream makes a large improvement.

BTW highly recommend synthetic trans fluid that meets Allison TES-295.
    I ran all the development tests that led to this spec release, it's extremely robust.
    http://www.allisontransmission.com/s...jsp?ThisPage=3

tormented is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX V6 RW

Your jc whitney link goes to a Turbo 400 oil pan, that is not the transmission used in an Caddy SRX.......

royan97 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX - V8

This sucks =( . I choose in their site and specifically search for items compatible with the 2004 cadillac srx. Apparently its not that accurate. Do anyone knows what type of transmission the 2004 srx V8 is using and what pan upgrade is compatible. My technical knowledge about this things are next to none me being a geek instead of a gearhead.

Your transmission is a 5L50e. What you want to help the transmission cope with the high temperatures common in your area is a large transmission cooler to help out the transmission cooler that came with the car. You can get these from B&M Racing and Performance Products. Here is one that comes as a complete kit that you can hook up in series with the cooler your car already has and mounts in front of your radiator: http://bmracing.com/?wpsc-product=au...ated-11x6x1-12

They also sell even larger coolers up to a 29000 btu rating, I believe.

Bill

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Bigger is not better, the correct size is best.

Hard to imagine that in Doha, Qatar that any size cooler could over cool the transmission fluid. Even in the dead of winter the average low temperature is 55 and the record low is 38. That said, the B&M coolers with hose barb ends are built to allow the fluid to bypass the cooler when it is not needed.

Bill

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Not over cool but if the cooler is too big the oil will not cool, if the oil is not turbulent it will not cool or if the flow is too low the cooler will not work efficiently.

The right cooler is needed not just the biggest, any will help but may as well work right.

Much of what you say applies to old tech tube and fin coolers that have a relatively small surface area for the fluid to contact compared to modern tube and fin designs let alone the plate type coolers that are highly efficient. With any design maintaining proper flow rate is critical. Too high a flow a flow rate and there won't be time for the fluid to cool. Too low a flow rate and the fluid, although cooler, may not be supplied in sufficient quantity to be of much benefit.

Bill

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.