2004 SRX False alarms? Oil pressure
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 2004 SRX False alarms? Oil pressure in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi, I have a 2004 SRX with 123,000 miles I just got a few months ago. I have already sunk ...
    wylee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2004

2004 SRX False alarms? Oil pressure

Hi,

I have a 2004 SRX with 123,000 miles I just got a few months ago. I have already sunk $2k into

I have two on going issues. First and most importantly I am getting false oil pressure alarms. They are not throwing a computer code. I have verified I have plenty of oil. I have taken the car to the dealer and paid to have the oil pressure changed. I have had this happen to me three separate times. I have not figured out how to replicate the problem yet. The common symptom though is after driving for over 30 minutes in city traffic, the oil pressure alert will come on for a couple of seconds at a time at stop lights. If I stop the car and start it up again I don't get the alerts doing the same thing?

I also have an issue with the stability sensor kicking on, once again for just a second at a time. This only happens when I am in cruise control, and hit a pot hole. I replaced both front end leveling sensors and a strut and it happens a lot less often. Once again no computer code. In all cases I was not even in a corner when it kicked on the car was going straight in cruise control.

The dealer is stumped, they suggest changing the steering sensor and reseating the wiring but admit that would be over $500 and since there is no code they are not sure if it would do anything. I only agreed to the oil sensor because it's such a serious warning.

The dealer is stumped and so am I. I am wondering if there are related. Should I just trade this in and cut my losses?

(I tried searching your forums but couldn't find this combination of issues)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: 2004 SRX False alarms? Oil pressure

Take it to another stealer, that one has no trained mechanics. I am sure you tried narrowing down your search to one problem at a time on the search here, and google

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Is it a 6 or V8? Also, if you are getting DIC messages you have codes stored, they will tell you where to start looking. Not surprised at hot engine low oil pressure with that many miles. Try 10W-30 oil instead of 5W-30.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

wylee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2004

Quote Originally Posted by orandaberg View Post
    Take it to another stealer, that one has no trained mechanics. I am sure you tried narrowing down your search to one problem at a time on the search here, and google
    Update, determined the Oil pressure light is coming on because the RPM is dropping below 500. Any idea what would cause that? I have the V8

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Your dealer is certainly not instilling any confidence in me with the oil pressue issue if they missed the fact that the idle RPM at the warmed up operating temperature is 300+ rpm low AND the oil pressure is below the threshhold. I believe the trigger point is an oil pressure of 7psi (or lower) at 750rpm.

Glake.....why would you expect (too) low oil pressure on a vehicle with 123,000 miles on it? I am not mechanically inclined but hoped that if the engine is well maintained (oil changes) and has not been abused that the oil pressure would not fall off too terribly much, or enough to cause the issue that the OP is having. Your observations are valued.

PJ

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

PJ, that is a lot of hopes. wylee, look for a dirty throttle plate or MAF sensor.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.