engine code reader for CEL
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, engine code reader for CEL in Cadillac SRX Forums; any know if this one in the link would work I have seen loads on the .com website or my ...
    ukmat71 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

engine code reader for CEL

any know if this one in the link would work
    I have seen loads on the .com website or my local Advance auto store but i'm not back in the US till November and wanted one quicker than i expected now.
    so trying to source on from here.
    my local dealer is about 200 miles away so not going that route .....yet !!

I read somwhere that says the the caddy SRX 2007 does not work with a OBD2 scanner.
    but on the link below it says it will work with the CAN-BUS system.

but does not list the vehicles unfortunately.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vgate-VS60...item4171d2a6f1

i am getting fed up with the engine light ,i have reset it a few time , but cannot work out what could casue it to come on.

have only had the car for little over a week now , only done 200 miles in it and the warning light has come on 3 times so far.
    changed the oil, oil filter , air filter , fuel cap , pollen filter.

but still it came on within 200 yards this morning.

anyone know if it would light up if i had low pressure in one wheel ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

n7don_srx is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac '07 SRX-V6 RWD, '03 Envoy, '95 S10 pu

Re: engine code reader for CEL

The ebay code reader you listed should work. I haven't had any problem with my 07 using a code reader for the CAN bus.
    Another option if you have an android smart phone or tablet is an app called "torque". There's free version that should read just trouble codes and a paid version (~$5) that reads many engine parameters. You'll also should download a free plug-in called "torque scan". You also need a Bluetooth dongle to plug into the diagnostic port to communicate with the program. Many are available on ebay for about $20. Seems like one of the search terms is ELM327 for the chip-set used. All is mute of course if you don't have a smart phone
    The tire pressure monitoring system is separate and doesn't display thru the CEL if a tire is low. When you first turn on the key the system goes thru a bulb check. There's a light that looks like the cross-section of a tire that should briefly light up.

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Great , I'll order them both , nothing better than a couple of new toys when just one will do.

just checked my iTunes App Store and hoping I am correct in 'torque' being available on the US store as it does not show on the UK one.But i have accounts here and there so no problem. But there seem to be quite a few that may work on the ipad/ phone
    I not I'll steal the wife's laptop

Thanks for the help.

n7don_srx is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac '07 SRX-V6 RWD, '03 Envoy, '95 S10 pu

I got torque thru Google Play. Again only works on android devices.

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I use the Bluetooth one on my 06 no issues I leave it connected so I get notifications when a fault is found even before the mil comes on

If you get a ODBII Bluetooth make sure its for a android if you have android and iphone if you have iphone, do not get the ELM 327, I had one and after 3 uses it quit working, now I do not know if torque has the ability to see pending, or history

Whiplash_89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 SRX V8 AWD, 04 NSRT4

History for sure, pending I'm not so sure about.

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX V6 RWD, 1999 Corvette..370 RWHP and many more mods

I think by pending he means a DTC that requires more than one ignition cycle to set off the CEL.

Bill

if you have a iphone, IOBD2 is free for iphone and Android when you purchase the IOBD2 dongle. First check your android can download it
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Don't get a cheap one you get what you pay for I went through 4 amazon elm 327.

well took the plunge and went for the one Orandaberg suggested. not expensive , but not rediculously cheap like some.
    hopefully here by next week. I cannot purchase one from anywhere local to me so not much of an option. The main part stores just dont seem to stock them here in the UK.

If i can clear this error light i'll go for one that will work with my ipad/phone at least i can have it plugged in all the time and hopefully it will let me know a little more information than the car itself.

really hoping its something and nothing , the car seems to drive fine.

reason i was wondering if would be the tire issue is that i realised the other day that i had the front tires on the back and the (stating the obvious) rears on the front
    my guage told me that the pressures were low in the front left , i kept re-checking but they were fine. then realised some burke has swapped them all around it was the rear right that had the error code.
    its only the valve center that is constantly leaking so an easy fix , but wasnt sure if this would have shown a warning at the same time as showing the tire low light with words check left front tire on the dash.
    I thought by me ignoring it for a few days like i have done it may have triggered something. maybe the wheel in question was not the same diameter as the others due to being underinflated.
    at the moment just dont know. been in touch with the garage i purchased it from , they swear blind they have had no warning light showing in all the time they used it. but they would say that i suppose.
    anyway they are willing to take it back and check it out , as they should , but told them i will wait and see what the error code is before driving down to them for the sake of something stupid.

thanks again guys for the help

Have you tried the re learn on the TPMS,

not yet , but when i get the valves replaced tommorow i will then when im at the tyre shop .

I think they are correct now , going by the way i hav had to refill them , but wont hurt to get the unit to re-learn.

I hope i can just replace the valve replaced and not have to replace the the whole unit.

Fortunately for you if you do need some you have suppliers in the UK.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.