European Spare parts for the 2005 SRX V8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, European Spare parts for the 2005 SRX V8 in Cadillac SRX Forums; ...
    Lextasy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX 7 seater

European Spare parts for the 2005 SRX V8

dear community,

I own a 2005 SRX V8 with only 95.000 km on the clock and just had it returned after a shocking series of repairs (or attemps to) from one of the few Cadillac dealers here in Holland.
    It went in with only regular service te be done and some noise from the back. (bearings...)

After consult the total bill would be close to €5000 (that is aprox USD 6600)
    all 4 shocks were leaking, and since these are equipped with that socalled levelling system...

costs : €1000 per shock !!
    rearbearings both bad: €453
    brakes all around in poor shape: € 300 per disc
    dvd nav will not update firmware: €400

needless to say I was shocked about this. the bearings had to be done, and alas I have no time to get the parts over from the US. Due to MOT requirements leaking shocks are not permitted...
    You might think this car is a battered down vehicle, but I assure you this car looks and feels like new and we are the second owner since new. It is our family cars so we don't drive that much, merely around town.

I have driven Lexus for 11 years but really never, never have I encountered a bill that high: to put it different 1 year of cadillac stands for 5 years Lexus.
    Unbelievable.

Can anyone put me on the right track where to buy GM parts: we as a company import many American goods and I see that this is the least of my problems.
    But getting the right parts...(I saw two different partnumber for the rear bearing at Autozone.)...does the VIN code give me the info requested?

Who can help?
    many thanks
    Jeroen van Veldhuizen

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: European Spare parts for the 2005 SRX V8

PM me and I can send you a boat load of places to buy parts,you can get parts also from eBay Germany. Holland was the place I bought my SRX, started to take them to court over the scrape metal they sold me, but dropped it due to distance. There are a lot of scrap yards in Germany which not surprisingly has SRX parts and abandoned SRX's. I plan to go shopping in one this summer, basically stripping one and have my own parts warehouse in the garage. By the way I had the same problems you did except the front bearings went out on mine, shocks still OK I guess, although I did see a tear in the rear shock boot, so maybe damage is already starting on that shock. I have less KM then you , only 83000 Km (51500 miles) 67000 KM (41000 miles) at time of purchase, judging by the rust under the car and how long it took to be that way it could of been a rust bucket at 30,000 KM (18000 miles), who knows. I know you only asked for parts location but thought I would let you know you are not the only one of the few(Europe) who own one with so low KM and so High costs

Stay away from them they will sting you like the scropion

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.