Freedom of Speech
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Freedom of Speech in Cadillac SRX Forums; Recently I have been chastised for speaking out about problems I have had, as a member of the forum(a supporting ...
    orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Freedom of Speech

Recently I have been chastised for speaking out about problems I have had, as a member of the forum(a supporting member at that) I can write what is wrong with MY SRX and write opinions about it, in relevant threads, as long as its not offensive in language or point to other members rudely. No member needs to harassed by another member. If that member does not like my opinion about something they can write a constructive reply. I do not need to read name calling and for lack of a better word "bullies". Yes I have had a lot of faults with the car in the past few months, which has cost me thousands of dollars over time since purchase. Do I have a right to be critical "YES". Do I have a right to write about it "YES"! as long as its not offensive. Saying negative things about the SRX is not offensive. Sure there are some great running SRX's out there. Have I given up on MY SRX. "NO". Am I still hanging in there hoping the last fix will be the "LAST" "YES". There seems to always be one member that wants to run the forum their way. Sorry pal this is a public forum. As your country has fought so hard and many soles have died to achieve, I think you should be ashamed of yourself for criticizing someone for using that freedom

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Whiplash_89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 SRX V8 AWD, 04 NSRT4

Re: Freedom of Speech

Don't worry about it, it's a public forum. I think lots of people don't actually know what "forum" means.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

I'm not an American first off, bad assumption, what are you implying about Americans?

If you insist on making crazy posts based on no fact I will defend fact so the forums don't get filled with poor information and just plain wrong information, facts are key to making the forum better but making complete made up posts based on your car don't help anyone.

As stated this is a public forum, stick to facts and were cool. Posts about repairs you have made are fact, the reason why you made them are most of the time not fact.

TimRSRX777 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX

Orandeberg, the only thing I object to is when people make blanket statements or sweeping generalizations about cars and other things based on one experience or one vehicle or even a very small percentage of total vehicles.. to make a blanket statement like "all SRX's suck" or Cadillac made the SRX to throw away is silly, misguided and even at best misinformation. You can say anything, in my opinion, you want to, but please don't wrap all SRX's in with your problematic one, because obviously you think even yours is worth repairing. Obviously there are some common problems that SRXs have, but that's what a forum is for, to discuss and hopefully reach productive solutions. Calling names is never a good thing. Just like saying women in Norway aren't as hot as the one's in Sweden, saying all SRX's are garbage is just as accurate and as helpful.

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS 3.6 Premium, 1999 Corvette,370 RWHP & other mods

First, he never said you were American, so you can get off that horse. Second, his SRX is a rust bucket and that is a fact. Third, the materials used in the SRX should be better suited to the Scandinavian environment is a fact. Fourth, he has to deal with a dealer network that rips owners off on parts prices is a fact.

Cut him some slack. He's sticking with the SRX despite the problems and has provided informative posts and helps other people out. Given your propensity for flying off the handle, I shudder to think what your posts would be like if you got saddled with a vehicle like his and had to deal with dealers whose only interest is to make as much money as they can off you.

Bill

I think conedoctor could be a nice guy,and basically gives good advice, but has high blood pressure

----------

Quote Originally Posted by conedoctor View Post
    I'm not an American first off, bad assumption, what are you implying about Americans?

If you insist on making crazy posts based on no fact I will defend fact so the forums don't get filled with poor information and just plain wrong information, facts are key to making the forum better but making complete made up posts based on your car don't help anyone.

As stated this is a public forum, stick to facts and were cool. Posts about repairs you have made are fact, the reason why you made them are most of the time not fact.
    I really do not see where you think I am making up all these past and present issues with MY SRX, I posted pics and a diary of events, hoping other readers get something out of my SRX problems, I never said you were American, nor did my post imply a negative comment about Americans. I have come to learn and you have even admitted you need to read through the post, between the lines. I hope you can take time and reflect, you have given me advice, we may not see eye to eye, but thats no reason to loose your cool

----------

----------

Quote Originally Posted by SFVetteman View Post
    First, he never said you were American, so you can get off that horse. Second, his SRX is a rust bucket and that is a fact. Third, the materials used in the SRX should be better suited to the Scandinavian environment is a fact. Fourth, he has to deal with a dealer network that rips owners off on parts prices is a fact.

Cut him some slack. He's sticking with the SRX despite the problems and has provided informative posts and helps other people out. Given your propensity for flying off the handle, I shudder to think what your posts would be like if you got saddled with a vehicle like his and had to deal with dealers whose only interest is to make as much money as they can off you.

Bill
    LOL
    Hey its only a 1/8 rust bucket, I have redone the whole underside and replaced a lot of the corroded parts!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by TimRSRX777 View Post
    Orandeberg, the only thing I object to is when people make blanket statements or sweeping generalizations about cars and other things based on one experience or one vehicle or even a very small percentage of total vehicles.. to make a blanket statement like "all SRX's suck" or Cadillac made the SRX to throw away is silly, misguided and even at best misinformation. You can say anything, in my opinion, you want to, but please don't wrap all SRX's in with your problematic one, because obviously you think even yours is worth repairing. Obviously there are some common problems that SRXs have, but that's what a forum is for, to discuss and hopefully reach productive solutions. Calling names is never a good thing. Just like saying women in Norway aren't as hot as the one's in Sweden, saying all SRX's are garbage is just as accurate and as helpful.
    Maybe it was a bit extreme to judge all SRX's. I was just frustrated, but I am still hanging in there, I have done a lot and hope it becomes a better vehicle, I think I can achieve this. In between I vent off on threads that asked "so whats wrong with your NEW SRX" I did not make a individual thread with the statement, it was a thread asking so I replied.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Let's play nice, guys.

There have been very valid points made by each poster here. Last year I myself was put on "probation" here for taking offense at others' mistatement of fact, gross generalizations, and for criticizing the vehicle I choose to own and drive (and repair). Apparently my tone got a tad disrespectful with another poster.

PJ

Yes its always good to be nice and polite, especially since we are here to communicate worldwide. We are all ambassadors of Cadillac and host country. Some of us have never met, yet we fight Is there not enough violence in the world?

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    We all know on here I hate my truck. We've been there lol. I felt attacked by some members and I've calmed down (thanks va medication lol) there does seem to be a lot of common issues on these whether or not they were immaculately maintained or not. On some not all but some owners are getting hit with repair after repair and it never ends. Are there some failed gm issues yes. Could some of these be better if they were maintained better yes. Its a hit and miss on any vehicle new or used. Some of us found out the hard way. There are amazing srx's around I just can't relate though.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.