Fuel in oil
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Fuel in oil in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hey guys, new to the forum. I have been searching the forum for my particular problem to no avail...maybe my ...
    paclives is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 V8 SRX

Fuel in oil

Hey guys, new to the forum. I have been searching the forum for my particular problem to no avail...maybe my google fu is weak. Anyway, checking my oil this morning due to the fact (as we all know) that my 2004 V8 Northstar SRX drinks it like chocolate milk. To my surprise, my oil level had actually increased since I checked it last, I did the good ol' smell test and it reeks of fuel. Any ideas on where the fuel is coming from and how involved a fix would be? Thanks in advance!

P.S. Mileage is 203,XXX if that matters

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I've had that happen before in a Honda after doing mpfi conversion because my injectors were sticking open instead of pulsing. I was also shooting fuel out the exhaust. I would look into maybe sticking injectors bad fuel pressure regulator possibly intake gaskets.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Re: Fuel in oil

Just to clear things up, the V8 does not usually use oil it is the V6 that has oil issues.

I would change it and keep an eye on it and see if it happens again, do you have a dead cylinder or any DTC's

I get an intermittent P0420 (have had it for a while, mechanic said it was just the sensors). No other codes other than that one.

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS 3.6 Premium, 1999 Corvette,370 RWHP & other mods

Quote Originally Posted by paclives View Post
    I get an intermittent P0420 (have had it for a while, mechanic said it was just the sensors). No other codes other than that one.
    a sticking fuel injector can affect the cat performance on that cylinder bank and trigger a P0420 code.

Bill

Agreed, start there.

Mechanic said it was just sensors, is he waiting for the light to get brighter or flash......

Thanks guys, great community

Well lets see, you searched then you posted a question with punctuation capitals and some sort of structure and more than 3 words. Great way to ask for help IMO.

Hey guys, quick update if anyone ever runs into the same problem. There was indeed an injector leaking after the engine was shut down, caught in time and replaced (to include o rings of course). Thanks again!

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Awesome glad we can help.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.