tire problem - need advice
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, tire problem - need advice in Cadillac SRX Forums; So last year I put 4 same size 235-60-18 continental tires on with balance and alignment at dealer. Had vibration ...
    jgodfrey82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX NorthStar - just purchased, and loving it!

tire problem - need advice

So last year I put 4 same size 235-60-18 continental tires on with balance and alignment at dealer. Had vibration issues, several trips to dealer, no real fix, told me 2 tires out of round and replaced.. most of the issue went away, decided to live with slight issue, 2 tires fixed most of it.

However if I rotate the 2 newest from rear to upfront, steering wheel vibration comes right back. It is mostly good with them on the back only but still slightly vibrating.

Went to continental they said they would warranty 2 more new tires. I haven't had them installed yet and heres my question. Its been 12 months and im at 9 and 10/32 all around. Being that the 2 previous replacement seem to have the issue. . Should I add 2 new in the mix with 2 old? or should I just wait, not rotate and let these suckers wear out and put michelans on? Its hard to turn down 2 warranty replacement tires, but im scared the ride will get even worse and ill be forced to replace 4 now instead of a year from now if I just stay course and deal with slight issue and no rotation.

Any advice appreciated.

JG

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

glake89 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Re: tire problem - need advice

You should continue to get free tires until none of them are bad.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.