Sharpshooter asap to help me with leak in jack compartment on back of suv - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Sharpshooter asap to help me with leak in jack compartment on back of suv in Cadillac SRX Forums; Thanks again PJ, actually what I'm doing is taking important info out of postings, copy and paste postings into Word ...
    PINOYTICO9 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 222005 Cadillac SRX

Re: Sharpshooter asap to help me with leak in jack compartment on back of suv

Thanks again PJ, actually what I'm doing is taking important info out of postings, copy and paste postings into Word and sav
    ing them on the computer, so if I need information for extra suggestions to give to the dealer I'll just e-mail postings, besides I think for them to read the feel of customer's comments might spread the word around on Cad/GM's inner circle. If we as customers don't find the way not only to voice our frustration and dissapointment but to widespread it as much as possible we'll get nowhere! Just like watching TV, now a days viewer is NOT being selective thus getting garbage programing all around; we have the tools and brains, lets use them, voice our concerns, and demand results...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the meantime I'll try to get it fixed and come back with results later on in time, until then signing off and thanks to you all!!! Ed.

P.S. Anyway need to get more time in trying to find a job...any where, now it just doesn't matter it's being way too long at home and I'm sick and tired having to depend on system assistance just to get by with wife's only salrary and 2 kids.

Got call from GM and will be left out high and dry; now that I was forced to change dealer too, will have to drive 25 one way to get it done since service advisor went on vacation and GM couldn't make contact with them, for the time being and until srx get high on miles gm will get our money but then will cross pacific for a couple of Honda's (Pilot and Odessey)... for me the middle point out of US are Honda and Mazda; never a toyota after those folks hide behind mommy's skirts for the loss of life of some of their customers due to brakes malfunction and NOT taking prompt action, if just in case come back to U.S. make Ford will be the one 'til now no issue and when it was (15 years ago) whole a/c system was replaced 5 days after I got a Mercury Cougar back then for about $2K.

so long GM...

nstar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Eldo ETC 04 SRX V8 AWD 13 XTS

Quote Originally Posted by PINOYTICO9 View Post
    Got call from GM and will be left out high and dry; now that I was forced to change dealer too, will have to drive 25 one way to get it done since service advisor went on vacation and GM couldn't make contact with them, for the time being and until srx get high on miles gm will get our money but then will cross pacific for a couple of Honda's (Pilot and Odessey)... for me the middle point out of US are Honda and Mazda; never a toyota after those folks hide behind mommy's skirts for the loss of life of some of their customers due to brakes malfunction and NOT taking prompt action, if just in case come back to U.S. make Ford will be the one 'til now no issue and when it was (15 years ago) whole a/c system was replaced 5 days after I got a Mercury Cougar back then for about $2K.

so long GM...
    Ha! like I said earlier in post the GM customer service route is got a long way to go. Just look at post for lake cadillac they know there is problem with the pinch panels at bottom of hatch. This problem should have been taken care of from get go. ( Brought vehicles in and fixed because of assembly line problem)This should of been good willed . All it takes is alittle bit of drip seal (21.00 dollars) hatch seal (123.00 dollars) and in your case you have already pulled panels and diagnosed problem but they have got several pages of lake cadilliac for observation. All these people telling them whats wrong and no customer satisfaction.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

NSTAR.....this kind of stuff after a vehicle was in production for 6 years, and then the additional 4+ years of continued service? That's now 10+ years of repair data that the OEM captured on Lake Cadillac for the first generation SRX. If I were an executive at GM, in quality or manufacturing, I would be asking some very pointed ex-post-facto questions why the folks working for me have been unable (or unwilling) to stop the bleeding. The water leak is just an example of a much larger problem.

My guess is that (warranty and off-warranty) service data and statistics (issue/resolution) are not captured and/or reported properly......or the service techs don't use the captured data properly. Or ON THE FRONT END the quality control folks at GM are asleep at the wheel......over six years of production, that is quite a long nap.

Now I know what a upper level GM executive might observe: "PJ.....you have no idea of the bigger fish we have had to fry with the GenI SRX. Much bigger than a water leak." And that would be the point where a Jack Welch (GE) would have fired that executive. Zero defects. Find it, fix it, eliminate it, and move on.

I knew about Lake Cadillac before I bought my SRX because of this forum and another. So when it was "my turn" to go into the jack well and find to my dismay find a lot of water, I had a couple of ideas of where or how the water was getting in there. That being said, my dealer did not need my advice. The service tech pretty much knew where to look and what to do on the first pass. Why was my dealership so capable and others were not? People, trained and supported. Pure and simple.

The dealers are stuck fixing stuff they did not design, did not engineer, did not source for parts, nor assemble. But the dealers are the ones that have to, for lack of a better phrase, fix someone elses' oversight, honest mistake, or outright blunder.....AND also dance with the disgruntled customer.

There seems to me to be a cross-funtional disconnct. If the folks on the front end were required to spend a week each year in the dealership service areas......oh, never mind. I am preaching to the choir here on this forum.

As a process consultant, all I see and hear from my clients is internal finger pointing and a litany of "why we can't" garbage instead of "how we can" and "why we should." Or, "It costs more to do it right the first time than it does to do it twice on (a percentage of) production." Nonsense. We have a corporate culture issue, a leadership issue, and a strategic vision issue.

Granted, motor vehicles are highly complex with a zillion parts. But broken down to its simplest form, a water leak should not carry on as a manufacturing issue for six model years (2004-2009) or a quality and service issue for ten years (2004-2013).

Don't get me started on what this leak has cost GM in customer satisfaction, warranty expense, image, future sales, brand loyalty, and the list goes on. Over some stupid pinch welds and/or weather stripping.

As the established automobile manufacturers have found out and are still witnessing, quality and service sells. It will always be so. A motor vehicle was and is one of the most expensive things we will buy in our lifetime.

If corporate size, brand recognition, and a century of experience is an advantage, then how do the Kia, Scion, Hyundai marques (for example) jump in out of nowhere the past decade and strip market share away from General Motors, Ford, and Chrysler? Bigger can be better, but sadly it is not.

PJ

Hi again guys, I got assigned a "district supervisor" from gm/cadi because gm/cadi csr had no other way to go for lack of return call from dealer as she said,(since no one called from dealer I called and found out serv adv was on vacation week after leak test @ dealer, left message with the one taking care of her list did not called back as well)well this guy just came from outer space because he said first, internet is NOT a reliable source of information and please now be seated...GM has no data activity on this problem hence it is NOT widesrpead but extremely minimal !!!!!!!!! I even told weirddo I was contacted by gm/cadi from this forum, that he was doing a follow up out of it and still he wanted to fly so high so he will keep saying he couldn't see from where this was coming from. So on top of being on denial they give themselves the authority to jerk you off as they please...so frustrating because it seemed as if I was talking to a recording, he was unbereable, just good to show him the door to go and work on the fields picking up lettuce somewhere in the middle of nowhere where he belongs, so hard to believe that regardless of job(professional - technical - or whatever for that matter) I had the survival nature and honesty to always give more and more and more of me and to be on the move looking for more things to do, learn, improve in whatever post/duty I was assigned especially if I knew I had more to give so I will be completely satisfied with myself knowing that on pay day that money was honestly earned and it was rightfully mine and I will be a positive asset to the company, then two years unemployed by circumstances not choice I come across people like this who don't appreciate even a $12.00/hr salary just boils my blood, worst they think it just is this guy...well as I told the good for nothing internet sales mgr at the to--ta dealer in ta-pa there are four people riding on that vehicle and they happened to be the most important people in my life so they will have to look elsewhere to fool around. I went to college in Taiwan and saw first hand how they take over our business on this side of the pond, more than smart, opportunistic; and lack of satisfaction from consumers feeds them. PJ and nstar you guys are right on the money with your comments and we will continue to relinquish our advantage, superiority, and professionalism to companies overseas as long as we drop the load of bombs on a very few heads who want to do the right thing but can't keep up with sheer stupidity, incompetence, apathy, lack of ethics and principles co-workers(if they deserve to be call that) It seems that gm/cadi are beting on our apathy as well or in consumer ignorance, look how many ads are placed on all media from magazines (about to become history...aks time magazine) to internet, now my question is this: Do you think that in there you will find at least one with the b-lls to bring these kind of issues to light without big financial repercussions and loosing his/her job+career???? When I tried to find a "tsb" about this honestly I got tired and quit because there were so many I kept opening and they were for anything but lake cadillac leaks!!! did this in 2 or 3 different websitesthat at least to me looked reliable.

gm/cadi arguement is that my cadi is from 2005 thus not investing a dime on it(really!!! not even a break on parts, at least let the dealer get their money in labor out of your incompetence and total apathy); did not matter it was only 23.3K when we got it in 10/'13(33.3K now 07/'13) so it doesn't matter to me I want to help our economy and the nice design of their vehicles I will not get any gm product ever will try Honda - Mazda - even KIA/Hundai

One day...just maybe one day we'll be treted with respect, consideration, and a decent sense of thankfulness knowing that we get up to our necks financially just to get their product...thanks gm/cadi

nstar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Eldo ETC 04 SRX V8 AWD 13 XTS

I hear ya I have fought with GM on 04 SRX since new with several problems since new. And it is GM because dealer has tried through the corporation to resolve problems but they drag things out until vehicles are out of warranty then you know what they say!!!!!!!! That's water over the bridge but seems like business as usual. I have been thinking about pulling trigger on new XTS but then I remember the adventure with this 04 Srx. I also wonder about customer care on this forum if they are not located in India or so where because of time of day they cover forum and week end days they are on here just weird. why all the private messaging?

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automakers make more money on the initial sale and repetitive service needs. Vehicles these days are not designed to last. If they stay reliable like Hondas then gm can't make any money. Think of it as when you buy a new phone its great but by the time the next model comes out or time for an upgrade your forced to buy another new one due to it's issues. With today's economy its best to either by certified pre owned or buy the Chilton manual and a good set of tools and do the repairs yourself. I have yet to find a gm dealer where the techs and or service manager knows anything about these trucks. If I go in knowing more than the the mechanics working on my truck that's a major issue and they always replace the wrong parts.

...and a week has gone by and no sign from dealer nor serv adv, heck maybe she's got two weeks vacation, silly me jumping into conclusions...

as per reliabilty...that's hard to tackle, does it means there is no more pride in the U.S. products or flat out there's never been, then how do we grow our economy? out of good advertising??? GM shame on you, sad sad sad sad sad sad; what's left for us as consumer is to rise our voices and TAKE real action don't vote on election day (any election) stop borrowing money and using plastic bills (aka credit cards), that means for non essential things/travel/electronics/lawnmowers/etc save and pay off what you get and maybe they will get the message, sell cheaper cars, lower interest rates and and, sad sad this is pure utopia... later

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX V6 RWD, 1999 Corvette..370 RWHP and many more mods

Sometimes sniveling doesn't work. Not surprising when you consider the car is almost nine years old and no longer in production, you are not the original owner and most likely have no previous relationship with the dealership. Just fix the leak and get on with your life.

Bill

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

That is what I would do...... PJ

SFV needs to read my past posts, not sniveling(like you never done it)aside to that just a bit of my prior esperience with a VOLVO 960 with issues and no prior relationship with dealer and second owner as well, they fixed 3 different problems out of their own TSB's for NOTHING, I already decided to fix it already but at the same time since they have no clue about customer retention my business are going elsewhere in due time, more specific OUR MONEY is going across the pond to Honda's bank for a Pilot and an Odessey...did the test with GM, didn't work, We're goooooone without any remorse not to keep $$$ here in the U.S. not only that, what we needed to know we know and I think it is totally useless spending time on something that will not be solve due to lack of professionalism and respect to those who feed their pockets, me loyal??? to whom or what and what for???? This, I'm way smarter than bein loyal to brands; I spend money and expect a lotin return, don't get it... D E L E T E D E L E T E D E L E T E. Thank you all for all your imput this few weeks and good luck on your choices, spend your earned money wisely... see you on Honda owner's forums

"Life is dangerous NOT for people who do wrong but for those who do NOTHING!!!

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX V6 RWD, 1999 Corvette..370 RWHP and many more mods

When you want someone to do something when they are under no obligation to do so it is sniveling. That said there is nothing wrong with sniveling; you give it a shot and if it works fine and if it doesn't then you move on lest you turn into a whiner.

Bill

Linkinyeah is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac SRX ALL WD V8

Does anyone know the part # for the rubber hatch seal on a 2005 SRX AWD V8? Where to get a good deal on purchasing it?

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Write to rippy with your vin number an he will get you a member price if he can get it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.