Warranty Replaced Catalytic Converter 2004 SRX (12 year/200K)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By DougC..
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Warranty Replaced Catalytic Converter 2004 SRX (12 year/200K) in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hello All, I want to say thank you in general to this forum for the knowledge of the warranty on ...
    DougC.. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX

Warranty Replaced Catalytic Converter 2004 SRX (12 year/200K)

Hello All,

I want to say thank you in general to this forum for the knowledge of the warranty on my wifes '04 SRXs catalytic converters.
    We have currently 168,000 on the clock and the vehicle is almost 9 years old. (sure doesnt seem that old) We could not get rid of the P420, and 430 codes (low catalyst efficiency) and were in need of new tags. We called the local dealership and had them run the VIN. They were just about as surprised as I was when the bulletin popped up informing them that it was covered through 12 years or 200,000 miles. Thats awesome!

We had both replaced ($1500 of work for free) and the codes cleared at the dealership. Drove around for a while and passed DEQ with no problem. Hope others with the same issue can take advantage.

Thanks

-Doug C.
    sgilbert and sgilbert like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Warranty Replaced Catalytic Converter 2004 SRX (12 year/200K)

Quote Originally Posted by DougC.. View Post
    Hello All,

I want to say thank you in general to this forum for the knowledge of the warranty on my wifes '04 SRXs catalytic converters.
    We have currently 168,000 on the clock and the vehicle is almost 9 years old. (sure doesnt seem that old) We could not get rid of the P420, and 430 codes (low catalyst efficiency) and were in need of new tags. We called the local dealership and had them run the VIN. They were just about as surprised as I was when the bulletin popped up informing them that it was covered through 12 years or 200,000 miles. Thats awesome!

We had both replaced ($1500 of work for free) and the codes cleared at the dealership. Drove around for a while and passed DEQ with no problem. Hope others with the same issue can take advantage.

Thanks

-Doug C.
    Hello Doug,

That is some awesome news to hear! Glad to hear your vehicle was fixed for free and you are enjoying the drive with no problem now

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

psalministry1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Quote Originally Posted by DougC.. View Post
    Hello All,

Thanks

-Doug C.
    Today - at 110,000 miles, this warranty is STILL in effect! Just make sure you call the dealership and have them to check the VIN! All I can say... this saved me $3,000 at Firestone. Before you do ANYTHING major on a Cadillac, make sure you check the dealership by calling!

Quote Originally Posted by psalministry1 View Post
    Today - at 110,000 miles, this warranty is STILL in effect! Just make sure you call the dealership and have them to check the VIN! All I can say... this saved me $3,000 at Firestone. Before you do ANYTHING major on a Cadillac, make sure you check the dealership by calling!
    Hello psalministry1,

I am glad to hear that you were able to save that much by giving your dealership a call! If anyone needs Laura or I to look into anyone’s warranty information, just send us a private message with your VIN and we would be happy to do so! Thank you very much for posting your experience!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

captain rob is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

This worked for me 2004 SRX w/ 116K, thanks Cadillac!!

Quote Originally Posted by captain rob View Post
    This worked for me 2004 SRX w/ 116K, thanks Cadillac!!
    Hello captain rob,

I am glad to hear that you were able to have your catalytic convertor replaced under this warranty as well! Please feel free to private message Laura or myself if you have any questions! Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.