Vibration sitting still.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Vibration sitting still. in Cadillac SRX Forums; I recently purchased an 07 SRX V6 RWD 130,XXXmi. and it has just started to vibrate. It feels as if ...
    KMKuendel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX

Vibration sitting still.

I recently purchased an 07 SRX V6 RWD 130,XXXmi. and it has just started to vibrate. It feels as if it may be due to worn engine/trans mounts, when the vehicle is in Drive at a complete stop the vehicle when vibrate enough to see it in the mirrors & feel it in the seats. When the A/C is off it is not nearly as severe or when it is in park with or without air on. Also, I noticed that after it warms up it seems to be calm.

I am assuming that since it is only present when it is in drive and sitting still, that the load on the engine or trans is what is causing the vibration and once it is moving it is not noticeable because the energy can be expelled through the drive line.

The dealer has agreed to take a look at it next week I just want to make sure I know as much as i can.

Is this a common problem? Is there a known fix? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

-Ken

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    There are several threads about bad mounts on here. Left foot on brake put in drive press gas several times with right foot WHILE still on the brake (e brake and or wheel blocks to be safe) have someone else check to see how much movement are on the mounts.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Vibration sitting still.

Quote Originally Posted by KMKuendel View Post
    I recently purchased an 07 SRX V6 RWD 130,XXXmi. and it has just started to vibrate. It feels as if it may be due to worn engine/trans mounts, when the vehicle is in Drive at a complete stop the vehicle when vibrate enough to see it in the mirrors & feel it in the seats. When the A/C is off it is not nearly as severe or when it is in park with or without air on. Also, I noticed that after it warms up it seems to be calm.

I am assuming that since it is only present when it is in drive and sitting still, that the load on the engine or trans is what is causing the vibration and once it is moving it is not noticeable because the energy can be expelled through the drive line.

The dealer has agreed to take a look at it next week I just want to make sure I know as much as i can.

Is this a common problem? Is there a known fix? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

-Ken
    Hello KMKuendel,

I apologize that you are experiencing a vibration in your SRX. I hope that the dealership is able to determine where it is coming from. Please keep us updated after the trip to the dealership! Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

KMKuendel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX

Thank you

DougC.. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX

I would look at misfires too. bad coil pack maybe.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.